Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble adding 2nd controller

Bright Corner

Hello new to the community it’s my 2nd year. I am trying to add a 2nd controller and it seems that my hardware utility is not recognizing a 2nd controller. The instructions that came in the box seems very straightforward but yet it’s not recognizing it. I have the two units hooked up using a ethernet but yet my hardware utility only recognizes one unit. When I click on “on at 100%” in hardware utility all 32 channels work but it says it only finds one unit.  

I do a bad job explaining stuff through text. I’m open for a phone call at this point if you’re knowledgeable in troubleshooting. I’m very good at following directions. Well I guess just not the light-o-Rama directions hahahahaha.

Thank you in advance

Don't let the 32 channels there on the screen fool you. It's not saying it's going to control the 32 channels of BOTH controllers. It's going to try and control 32 channels of ONE controller, the one chosen in the drop down at the top of the HWU, right near that 'Refresh' button. Click the drop-down, change to the second controller and try again.

Thank you for your time Don. So I was thinking that, but when I click the drop-down it still shows 01–16PC–G3VER1.09 and on the left of the refresh it only says found 1 unit. 

When I change the existing ID number to 01 and hit Change unit ID. I notice if I go back to hardware or I hit refresh it goes back to the same long winded unit number.

It looks like I got it to notice the 2nd unit. I had to plug in each unit one at a time separated from each other and change the  unit ID. I guess I wasn’t able to make that change with them hooked up to each other.  Then I Hook them up to each other and refreshed it and it found both units. I can now toggle between both units. 

Just now, Bright Corner said:

It looks like I got it to notice the 2nd unit. I had to plug in each unit one at a time separated from each other and change the  unit ID. I guess I wasn’t able to make that change with them hooked up to each other.  Then I Hook them up to each other and refreshed it and it found both units. I can now toggle between both units. 

Correct: That is the instructions. Otherwise how would it know which 'Unit 1' needed changing.

21 hours ago, Bright Corner said:

After I fixed it then it was very obvious that’s what it needed. 🤯

Don't feel bad, it IS a common error many make when they start adding controllers that have not done it before.  

Sometimes the most obvious that's right in front of us gets easily missed. 🤣