Light-O-Rama Forums

Removing License from a PC.

jcdammeyer

I've scored a Lenova 4 core PC with 4GB and WIN-7 (64 bit).  That means I can finally retire my old WIN-XP 32 bit 512K byte machine.  My license is good for 5 installations.  How do I remove it from the WIN-XP machine?  I've not used up all 5 since I was able to install it on the Lenova but still the WIN-XP machine will be scrapped.  How do I recover that installation?

Thanks

John

You don't.

Contact the LOR Help Desk. If you do run into a situation where you have exceeded your install count, they will (every time I've seen) increase the count for you.

Yep.. happened to me earlier this week. Tried to install on a new computer and couldn't. Opened a help desk ticket and received and additional 3 licenses within three hours. They are SUPER busy this time of year so don't expect and instant reply...

Thanks.  I won't bother them right now then.   It did install on the new machine.  That was #4 or #5.   I may want it on my WIN-7 laptop so I can sit where it's comfortable designing new shows.  I think the old VISTA laptop which has a battery that now lasts 30 seconds might also have a copy.   So removing it from the two WIN-XP machines seemed like a good idea.  Also from the VISTA laptop.  I'll contact them in the new year when they aren't busy.

Because of many computer replacements, tests, temp installs, I have had LOR increase my computer count several times.  I recall that I’m up to 13 now.  I will point out that I really actively use LOR on five computers.  Never had a time that LOR would not bump up the count.

• The topic was locked