Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card show and want it on the computer

rondaxmas

I just created a show and put it on a SD card.  I was using Hardware Utility LOR MP3 tab.  Before exiting it, is there a way to save this same show to my computer so I don't lose it.  And if I decide to run it from my laptop instead?  Thanks in advance.  Still putting together my 17 foot tree for the 16 CCRs. As soon as I get the lights on them I will see if it all works.!

31 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

I just created a show and put it on a SD card.  I was using Hardware Utility LOR MP3 tab.  Before exiting it, is there a way to save this same show to my computer so I don't lose it.  And if I decide to run it from my laptop instead?  Thanks in advance.  Still putting together my 17 foot tree for the 16 CCRs. As soon as I get the lights on them I will see if it all works.!

Insert the SD Card into the reader/writer, then create folder on your computer somewhere, then use the COPY command and copy all the files from the SD Card into this folder.   When I ran a Director I did this so I always had a working back up of my show, just in case the card went bad or files got corrupted, then I just copied the show back to the SD Card from the folder on the HD.

I also always had at least 2 spare SD Cards on hand with the show copied to them as well, I copied the original SD Card I created to the computer, then just copied that show to the additional SD Cards, that way if something happened, I just inserted the copied show SD Card in and didn't have a lot of down time having to recopy and then re-insert the original show SD Card.  Instead of 5-10+ minutes of rewriting a show or copying files to the SD Card, just popped in the next one in a second or two and show restarted immediately.  It beats having a long blackout time during showtime!

And as Don Stated, you need to use those two programs to create the show and set the scheduled times. 

But you CAN NOT copy an SD Card to the computer and run an SD Card created Show from a computer, the files are completely different for Directors, they get modified and changed when written to the SD Card. 

You will need to create new shows using the software Don provided the names of above, and use the native .lms{musical} or.las{animation} files in S4.  Just add them in using the Show Editor, Save, give a filename for the show, then use the Schedule Editor to create the times for your show using the Show Editor File you created, which should end in .lss.

Edited by Orville
  • Confused 1