Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights turning on by themselves and controllers not detected

hope4ia

Yesterday I upgraded to S5 and after not being able to get my show to work went back to S4. At 450 am this morning the lights connected to box 1 came on by themselves.  Now when trying to detect boxes it isn't detecting all of them and/or detect ones that don't exist.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled S4 and unplugged Cat5 cable and they continue to turn on and boxes aren't detected. 

Any suggestions would be helpful!! 

Edited by hope4ia

Anny 'Odd events" last night? Thunder n Lightning? Induced ground current flow can kill electronics. Our shows run a lot of network cable laying on the ground. A nearby (1/4Mi) strike can (and has) killed the drive chips in devices connected by long cables)

Classic Network interference.  Check All CAT5 for damage (squirrel chew...), run any distance real close to power cords ((<3' is not distance, close is under 4"))

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Anny 'Odd events" last night? Thunder n Lightning? Induced ground current flow can kill electronics. Our shows run a lot of network cable laying on the ground. A nearby (1/4Mi) strike can (and has) killed the drive chips in devices connected by long cables)

Classic Network interference.  Check All CAT5 for damage (squirrel chew...), run any distance real close to power cords ((<3' is not distance, close is under 4"))

Lots of rain!!!  We are unplugging everyone control box and testing them individually.  Next will be the CAT5's