Light-O-Rama Forums
Richard365

Mega Tree Pole keeps breaking

More rain with lighting and thunder.  Keeping the life perseveres by front  door.  Just wondering how much snow we would have if it was cold enough. 

5 hours ago, Richard365 said:

More rain with lighting and thunder.  Keeping the life perseveres by front  door.  Just wondering how much snow we would have if it was cold enough. 

If you see animals in pairs then you are in deep deep do do!! 

9 hours ago, Richard365 said:

...  Just wondering how much snow we would have if it was cold enough. 

On average, thirteen inches of snow equals one inch of rain in the US, although this ratio can vary from two inches for sleet to nearly fifty inches for very dry, powdery snow under certain conditions. per nssl.noaa.gov

24 hours of rain again. So my daughter built Noah  Ark. This site scks on trying to load pictures.

11 minutes ago, Richard365 said:

24 hours of rain again. So my daughter built Noah  Ark. This site scks on trying to load pictures.

Join the club but we have had days of rain with only a couple days in between since Halloween. Shut my show down Friday because my MT is flooded and my mini trees which were in my driveway looked like they were in a river.

Packed 90 % of my controllers Saturday in the few hours of no rain. Looking for possible tornados later and into the New Year.

JR

11 hours ago, Richard365 said:

I found issues with posting pictures also.

Somethings I do

This one works each time

Post picture to Facebook or some other site and copy as link. 

These sometimes works

Send picture to your email Sometimes it asks if you want to downsize

Get the App compressor for picture

Posted (edited)

another rainy weekend,  whats up. with this rain. Going to have to wait for the ground to freeze to get in the back yard.   Good news is my Mega tree is still standing, just cant take it down without swimming to it..

Edited by Richard365

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Richard365 said:

another rainy weekend,  whats up. with this rain. Going to have to wait for the ground to freeze to get in the back yard.   Good news is my Mega tree is still standing, just cant take it down without swimming to it..

Yes, my MT is the last one standing. Like you , I have a swamp. It may be up until July at which point I will add that to my 4th light show and just may decide to leave it up. Never even had as much as a puddle in my MT area, I was assessing it today to see where it could be moved, absolutely nowhere else. This year I already planned and was given an old trampoline, I will use that as my base for possible flooding in 2019. I will cut the legs to elevate the strands about 6" off the ground. 

The rain stopped early this morning and it looks like sun for 4 days in a row.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I use a telescopic flag pole made by Telepole (USA Company).  It’s a 3 1/2” commercial pole 25’ tall.  The 16x50 mega tree is 20’ tall.  The North Star is another 5’.  Use 2 guy wires on Star only.  Had winds up to 50mph and no problem.  Extended the pole only 20’ then Star was set on top.  

Posted (edited)

Here's a MEGA TREE pole that will not break if you can get your hands on one. In use for 10 years.

100_1041A.jpg

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

28 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Here's a MEGA TREE pole that will not break if you can get your hands on one. In use for 10 years.

100_1041A.jpg

Very similar to the Rohn 25 tower section I intend to use for mine...

Posted (edited)

yep, I use a rohn25 tower for both my mega tree and spiral tree. Holds up perfect to snow, ice and wind. You can climb them and mount controllers on them.

IMG_20180106_142238_zpstetlmicv.jpg

DSC09273_zpsceed9wm6.jpg

DSC04968_zpsa5676859.jpg

DSC04972_zps6b10175f.jpg

DSC05171_zps58a79ea1.jpg

DSC05279_zpssdw6kngd.jpg

IMG_3274_zpsf7358f37.jpg

Edited by Santas Helper

Seems to be the same set up we used to put our CB antenna on back in the 70's. 

Ok with the solid rod between my connection point where the two 10 foot section connect. The pipe did NOT break at the connector this year. First year ever it did not break. So, by  putting the solid pipe inside where they connect did the job. We had gust of wind between 50-70 MPH.  I am just taking down the tree now. So its been up for 5 months.  LOL...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard365 said:

Ok with the solid rod between my connection point where the two 10 foot section connect. The pipe did NOT break at the connector this year. First year ever it did not break. So, by  putting the solid pipe inside where they connect did the job. We had gust of wind between 50-70 MPH.  I am just taking down the tree now. So its been up for 5 months.  LOL...

Great when it works like it’s supposed to.