Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights working in HU but not in sequence

jasonlaurea

I have 5 controllers total and 2 of them are letting me turn the lights on and off in the Hardware Utility but when I try to run the sequence, the lights don’t run. One controller is a Gen 2 and one is a Gen 3. The led status indicators (one red and one green) go solid when the HU is running but they flash steady when trying to run lights out of SE or my show. The other controllers appear to be running correctly. Any thoughts?

Are you using a High Speed Adapter and have the speed set at 500k?  I do not believe the G2 Controllers will operate any higher than 115K, also do you have the network set as Enhanced, the G2 won't run in an enhanced network either.  The G3 controller can handle those aspects just fine.  You may need to set up a 2nd network with another RS485 Adapter to make everything work together, so you can have type controller on its own network.

Edited by Orville

11 minutes ago, Orville said:

Are you using a High Speed Adapter and have the speed set at 500k?  I do not believe the G2 Controllers will operate any higher than 115K, also do you have the network set as Enhanced, the G2 won't run in an enhanced network either.  The G3 controller can handle those aspects just fine.  You may need to set up a 2nd network with another RS485 Adapter to make everything work together, so you can have type controller on its own network.

I have the same setup as last season when the show ran without any issues. I did upgrade my software to 4.4.2 but that’s the only change I made. I did reset each controller.

It seems that my biggest issue is with the G3 controller.

Edited by jasonlaurea

If it all worked last year and you haven't changed any network settings from last year, then they should all work the same.  I upgraded my software to the latest version of S4, and I haven't had any issues, but I don't have G3 CTB16PC Controllers, but what I do have are RGB Controllers and they are on a separate network from the CTB16PC's.   I know there are other folks that have had similar issues that you're having and it was they needed to change their network configuration because it was set to high on the speed factor and they had enhanced check, that's what they needed to change.

So if your network settings have no been changed, and is exactly what it was last year and they worked, only other conclusion I cam come up with is a bad cat cable between controllers.

And the one possibility that just came to mind, do you the Control Lights checked in the SE?  If that's off, no controller will control any lights at all.  Also, make sure NO other LOR Software is running EXCEPT the Control Panel {CP}.   Is the little red LOR bulb icon in the taskbar down at the right side of the bottom of the screen?   If not, you won't control lights, the HWU WILL Control lights via teh HWU despite the CP being active or not, it's specifically a tester for the controllers, so it will work as a stand alone.

So it's got to be one of these causing the issue, but I'm beginning to think it's you either don't have the CP loaded and/or you don't have the Control Lights checked in the SE.  If it's greyed out and you can't check it, that means you have another program in operation {open} such as the HWU or a show running {light bulb icon will be blue}, you will need to end anything that is controlling lights and the controllers except for the SE.  if the SE is open, you'll have to close it and restart it before it will do anything or possibly allow you to change the Control Lights setting.

Edited by Orville

Jason, did you ever get this fixed?

I'm having this exact same issue. 5-controller setup and controllers 1,4,5 work fine, but 2 and 3 don't work at all. LED on board of CTB16 blinks and never goes solid. Passing through these two controllers works, as controllers 4 and 5 work fine. These all worked fine for Halloween. I've replaced all cat6 cables, swapped out controllers, reset controllers. No change.

• The topic was locked