Light-O-Rama Forums

Expected Whitespace

CKSedg

I experienced something new tonight with LOR 4:

Whenever I try to add a command to the Windows Shell Command, I get the message "Expected Whitespace."  I get this when opening the Windows Command, and if I try to save a command.
It was working fine, and I don't know what happened.  I hate to be too aggressive since my shows are now running.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Craig

That sounds like the XML is corrupt in the command map file in LOR\Sequences\Cmdmap.lcm. All the Windows commands are stored in this file, not the sequence.

You should have a Cmdmap.bak file in the same folder. Back up the .lcm file first and then delete the original. Rename the .BAK to .LCM and try again.

If that doesn't work, you may have to delete the .LCM file completely or rename it , and open each sequence in turn and redo  the commands.

I wonder if this is a case that special (to XML) characters need to be escaped? (I would have expected the input utility to do that)

MIIP will rewrite the XML in the cmdmap.lcm      At this time you can not easily add commands when using miip.   I will provide you a method to do this today or tomorrow. 

MiipClient support for additional commands has been released Craig.  I sent you email with the details.    

My personal display does this kind of thing too.    It uses the miip files to trigger other things to happen.

Thanks for your replies, especially Bob, who is trying to make this work for me!  I'll let you know what happens.

Wahooooooo!  Deleting the  LOR\Sequences\Cmdmap.lcm file and renaming the backup file worked!  I can now get into the Windows Shell Command.

Bob, I'll use your new utility in MIIP.  Thanks, everyone!  I don't know what I'd do without this forum.

• The topic was locked