Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Controller channel not working

Reefrus

I have one channel on one of my controllers that has quit working. What do I need to check other than it has no power coming from it. All other channels on the controller are working.

19 minutes ago, Reefrus said:

I have one channel on one of my controllers that has quit working. What do I need to check other than it has no power coming from it. All other channels on the controller are working.

It would help if you told us the Model (and version). Some have Fuses per port, some have fuses per BANK.

Being an old school ET, I look (and smell) for scorched parts.

It is a CTB16PCG2 - U4.  Not for sure what the U4 means. It has 2 fuses one for each set of 8 channels. All channels work with exception of channel 10. do not see or smell any scorched or hot spots, that channel was not over loaded. I checked output voltage and zero on that channel but all other channels the voltage is good.

48 minutes ago, Reefrus said:

It is a CTB16PCG2 - U4.  Not for sure what the U4 means. It has 2 fuses one for each set of 8 channels. All channels work with exception of channel 10. do not see or smell any scorched or hot spots, that channel was not over loaded. I checked output voltage and zero on that channel but all other channels the voltage is good.

If you checked the voltage at the black wire terminal, then you probably have a blown Triac.  That channel will be down for this season unless you soldering skills allow you to change out that part.

I suspected TRIC was not for sure, I moved everything from that channel to a spare channel. Where can I get Triac from LOR. I can solder but will I will wait until end of season to repair. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Reefrus said:

I suspected TRIC was not for sure, I moved everything from that channel to a spare channel. Where can I get Triac from LOR. I can solder but will I will wait until end of season to repair. Thanks

Open a Help Desk ticket with LOR.  As I understand it, they will generally just send you a few for those of use that can solder.

Links have also been posted in the forum for devices from several of the on-line electronics parts houses.

Just make sure you tell them EXACTLY which model/version CTB16PC you have, not all use the same triac!

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked