Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers, Pixie8 and Sequencer Problems

tzoesch

Just getting into the Pixie 8 tree kit this year.  I have two controllers one is a CTB16PC-G3 upgraded to latest version 1.09, the other controller is a CTB16PC-G2 updated to latest firmware 4.40.  My new tree came with a Pixie 8 controller and I updated the firmware on that to 1.04.  So running from my computer is the High speed USB to LAN adapter and that runs out to the G2 controller and then daisy chains to the G3 controller and then off to the pixie 8 controller.  If I am reading all my stuff right I cannot use the G2 and the pixie 8 on the same network because the pixie 8 needs to be on the enhanced network and the G2 is incompatible with the enhanced.  I ordered another Hi speed USB Adapter to run strictly to the Pixie Tree.  I was just wondering if there was a work around instead of waiting forever for it all to show up.  

I can run my show without the tree and all the channels work on the two controllers with the enhanced network shut off.  I can go into the hardware panel and manually turn the pixie tree lights on with it not being the enhanced network.  but the tree wont work in the sequence editor.  As soon as I turn on the enhanced network I lose the G2 controller and tree and the G3 controller work fine. So frustrating.  Running the newest version S5 with the Pro License and I currently have 2 licenses for the Super Star Editor.

Correct that the G2 controller can’t run on an Enhanced network, but the Pixie 8 does not require Enhanced networking.  Only the Pixcon 16 REQUIRES it.  Your plan to run two networks is the better long term plan however.  In the mean time, you should be able to run it on one network.  Note that because the G2 controller is also limited to a max of 115k speed , you may have lag issues when running a single network.

I'm not running S5, S4, but I had to break my Version 2, which I think some call G2 Controllers{I'm not sure if G2 and Version 2 relate to the same thing, I think they do}. 

As Jim said, they won't operate on Enhanced, nor will they operate above 115K, if you're using 500K speeds and it's working, I'd be surprised.   When I had all my RGB Controllers and my V2 {4 CTB16PC} Controllers on the same network, I had serious lag times with BOTH the RGB Controllers and the V2 CTB16PC Controllers, once I got the red HS Adapter and put only the RGB elements on that network {500K, Aux A, and I used Enhanced}, everything worked in synchronous harmony as they should.   But it won't happen with the V2{G2?} Controller in the mix, it's the one that's probably causing things not to function properly, especially is using 500K for the speed.

Unfortunately there is no workaround that I know of except for removing that particular Controller from the mix, or removing your Pixel Tree and using 115K for the mix of the two different types of CTB16PC Controllers.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked