Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems with the HUB creating SD card

lanopie

When I create my SD Card through the HUB, it only plays my first show, it will not go to the second show.  My schedule is set properly and the time on my director is good.  I went back to HU and clicked on LOR MP3 tab to create my SD card.  The results is it's working fine.

Not sure if there is a problem with the HUB, I will keep testing it. Anybody else having problems running multiple shows on your SD card when created through the HUB?  I have to say that the HUB really looks good and simple to use, much better than HU.

Thanks!

I'm having the same/similar issue.  I have one show on the card and it doesn't repeat right away like it did using S4 and the HU mp3 writer.  The show ends, the lights go dark for more than 5 minutes and the show will start again.  I am not sur why the show does not repeat/loop right away.  Any direction would be helpful.

2 minutes ago, bmtouhey said:

I'm having the same/similar issue.  I have one show on the card and it doesn't repeat right away like it did using S4 and the HU mp3 writer.  The show ends, the lights go dark for more than 5 minutes and the show will start again.  I am not sur why the show does not repeat/loop right away.  Any direction would be helpful.

Use the Hardware Utility instead.

There are bugs in Hub in versions 4.4.0 and 5.2.0. If you are using Hub, please upgrade to 4.4.2 or 5.2.2.

Matt

Hi Matt, I am using 5.2.2, another thing I noticed was when you go back to modify a show all the hours are set to the default, you don't see the ones previously set.

I upgraded today 5.2.2 today and decided to recreate my mini director show with the new HUB. The show will not start. Thankfully I had created a backup copy on another card. Please advise when fixed. Thanks!

1 minute ago, iamsherman said:

I upgraded today 5.2.2 today and decided to recreate my mini director show with the new HUB. The show will not start. Thankfully I had created a backup copy on another card. Please advise when fixed. Thanks!

Did you try to use the Hardware Utility to create a show in 5.2.2?

You might want to file a ticket with the help desk, as I've not heard of widespread problems with the HUB creating shows in 5.2.2

Fortunately the Hardware Utility works perfectly, the HUB is also nice but not fully functional yet...

Unfortunately I have to side with lanopie, bmtouhey and iamsherman, there are still problems with version 5.2.2 Hub creating an SD card.

I'm running with a G3-MP3 director with two enhanced networks and version 5.2.2 SW. I created a simple "play anytime" test show using the Hub and when I insert it into the MP3 director it never finishes "INIT". After 8 minutes I gave up and ejected the SD card.

Using the HU software I was able to create my SD card as I have in the past years and it will load and run. However, as bmtouhey indicates, after it finishes the last song in the playlist everything goes black and then it will eventually start again "from the top". This happens every time it reaches the end of the show list.

I'll open two tickets with the help desk so they get on the record.

Edited by Obewan
typo correction

On 12/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, lanopie said:

I am using 5.2.2, another thing I noticed was when you go back to modify a show all the hours are set to the default, you don't see the ones previously set.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I am having the same problem with Hub and scheduled times.  I set the times correctly before creating the SD card, but then immediately after creating it, if you go to edit the existing SD card show, the defaults of 5pm to 10pm are displayed (and my set times are nowhere to be found).  Hardware Utility works fine, so I will be using that.

BTW, I submitted a help desk ticket on the Hub scheduling bug, and they said they have received a few tickets related to this and are looking into it.  Obviously, they say to use Hardware Utility in the meantime.

20 hours ago, Don said:

Did you try to use the Hardware Utility to create a show in 5.2.2?

You might want to file a ticket with the help desk, as I've not heard of widespread problems with the HUB creating shows in 5.2.2

Don I have not attempted to create one using the Hardware Utility. I will try to get some time to try that to see what happens. I appreciate the direction on opening a ticket with the help desk. Will again try to find some time to do that as well, if an update or workaround does not appear before I can get a chance to open one.

6 hours ago, iamsherman said:

Don I have not attempted to create one using the Hardware Utility. I will try to get some time to try that to see what happens. I appreciate the direction on opening a ticket with the help desk. Will again try to find some time to do that as well, if an update or workaround does not appear before I can get a chance to open one.

Just an FYI, that I think I figured out my problem. I inserted the SD card I used last year and created the new show using 5.2.2 HUB. I naturally assumed that the old files would be wiped and the new files added. Well it appears that it simply added the new files. So I had a S1config and a S2config file. I removed all the files with last years date, inserted the SD card into my mini director and it appears to be playing fine at the moment. Not sure if this is the fix or work around for everyone, but it worked for me at least.

The next release will have a fix for the date problem in Hub, as well as a request to have the 'folder browse' functionality start in the last directory used for SD and PC shows. I don't know how that time bug got past me as I really worked hard on getting that part of the SD creation juuuuuust right.  Apparently I made another unrelated change that killed it.

We have a lot of updates that will be happening to Hub over the next few months.  The general consensus so far (despite the time bug) is that Hub is much easier to use than Hardware Utility for SD card creation.  That was exactly my intention.  It's also a little cleaner looking than Simple Show Builder which helps with the ease of use.

To keep up with computerized lighting as it goes further mainstream, you will see more changes in the suite like those started with Hub.  Our focus going forward is towards ease of use.  Yes, we will still have all the down-and-dirty technical stuff that advanced users need - Just set up in a way so that non techies won't be intimidated by it.  

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

The next release will have a fix for the date problem in Hub

Will the fix for the same start/stop time be in there? That's the only way to keep a show from playing on a particular day via the SD card.

Only way I could do it via SD card in S5 was via HWU.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:01 PM, Don said:

Will the fix for the same start/stop time be in there? That's the only way to keep a show from playing on a particular day via the SD card.

Only way I could do it via SD card in S5 was via HWU.

There will be something for disabling a show for a particular day.  It may not be 'same start/end time', but there will be some kind of selection/etc to turn OFF a day.

2 hours ago, DevMike said:

There will be something for disabling a show for a particular day.  It may not be 'same start/end time', but there will be some kind of selection/etc to turn OFF a day.

Please don't get too complicated. It's already documented that you use the same start/stop time to keep a show from playing on a director. I know (I think) LOR plans to keep the technical side of things there for those who need it, but having to know two different ways to keep a show from playing would (in my opinion) add confusion.