Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card came for mini director

Bill Schnur

I have a question i rx an SD Card with my starter package for the mini director and it has pre loaded songs and seq on it. I want to get rid of the ones without music, so one the are marked like file 001 and so forth. How do I delete the ones with no music and just change the lights? I do not like the down time. I think I just delete the files but want to make sure I delete the correct stuff. New to all of this. 

34 minutes ago, Bill Schnur said:

I have a question i rx an SD Card with my starter package for the mini director and it has pre loaded songs and seq on it. I want to get rid of the ones without music, so one the are marked like file 001 and so forth. How do I delete the ones with no music and just change the lights? I do not like the down time. I think I just delete the files but want to make sure I delete the correct stuff. New to all of this. 

Once on the card it's permanent, can't be changed.

1 minute ago, Bill Schnur said:

OK thank you, maybe I just make another one with the songs I want then

I hope you have the songs on your computer as you can't pull the songs of the card either.

Not sure about this, but I was looking at the NEW Hub, and it has a tab that says "Edit Existing SD Card Show", so if the OP opens the Hub and clicks on that tab, I'd think he should be able to edit and rewrite the show. 

However this also depends on whether or not the SD Card content is LOCKED and can't be edited.  Many Store Bought sequences, unless specified otherwise or you paid an extra fee for editable content, won't be able to be changed/edited.

All I can tell you is, try the Hub and see if you can make changes to the current show. 

However, BEFORE you do that, create a folder somewhere on your Hard Drive and copy the contents of the SD Card to that folder, naming the folder something that will tell you it's a Store Purchased Show.  That way you will have the original show files from the SD Card to fall back on in case something goes amiss while changing things around.

Edited by Orville

Ok yes they are not able to be changed, I just want to get rid of the ones that do not have music. I will try this approach but I will make a back up just in case. 

Do you have the SD card with the TSO songs?  If I'm not mistaken that SD card has an executable file (.exe extension) that copies the songs and sequences from the SD card to your computer.  When I got my TSO SD card last year, I also wanted to eliminate the 1-minute sequence that had no music.  I was told to run the .exe file and the songs & sequences were copied to my computer.

After that I was able to create a new SD card with all the songs without the 1-minute of silence in between.  I used the LOR Hardware Utility to create the new SD card (I think it's the LOR mp3 tab within the HU).

If you're not sure if this will work for you, open up a Help Desk ticket, since it was the Help Desk that told me how to get the songs/sequences off the SD card and create a new SD card without the 1-minute fillers.

If the show was written with a 'newer' version of the HWU, then the HUB *might* be able to edit it.

MAKE A COPY OF THE FILES ON THE SD CARD FIRST. Then try it and see. You might be able to do it.