Light-O-Rama Forums

major issue with sequence editor crashing

phxbabe

what is so strange Is the files from last year (the 16 channel sequences )still work but the new ones don't now, but did at first

Edited by phxbabe

Don, I am not ignoring you at all!! I am doing everything you tell me to do, I am just not getting any results, even though I am trying everything

5 hours ago, phxbabe said:

thank you, this is what I did after seeing your message from helpdesk.  I went and got the music file again, saved it in a different location even, and guess what.... it still gives me the same error and crashes

That says the file is corrupt at the source.

You might try a MP3 tag edit app and see if that will even open it and if it does, maybe it will let you set some metadata and allow it to be saved.

7 hours ago, phxbabe said:

thank you, this is what I did after seeing your message from helpdesk.  I went and got the music file again, saved it in a different location even, and guess what.... it still gives me the same error and crashes

phxbabe,

Is this a source that we can downnload the file from. If so can you post a link? Maybe someone can look at it and see if it the .mp3 file causing the problem.

What is the song, maybe someone can come up with another version (non copyrighted)

Alan...

What's not mentioned here in the thread, that did get mentioned in the ticket, is that the audio is being downloaded form iTunes.

I don't use iTunes, but I've got a hunch the audio needs to be converted into a more suitable format first. I'll let one of you itunes junkies chime in. :)

On 11/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, TheDucks said:

Your User Info under your name says 5.1.4, you might want to fix that as it is one of the first things helpers look at.

At the cost of music at MP3Million. Com I will not use non paid for music. I do have one exception- a custom song.

However to be fare I have slowed down the production of “free” custom singing faces for the general public because if I cannot share the song info with others where they can buy it, I may as well open up shop and charge for them. Not what my intensional are.

$.05 - $.15 per song and they have their license(s) and alL legal info posted in public.

In the rare event MP3Million does not have a song I will hit iTunes or Amazon.

BTW- there is no “s” in MP3Million, I get that question all of the time. “JR The site is broken”. Nope, please remove the “s”.

JR

1 hour ago, Don said:

What's not mentioned here in the thread, that did get mentioned in the ticket, is that the audio is being downloaded form iTunes.

I don't use iTunes, but I've got a hunch the audio needs to be converted into a more suitable format first. I'll let one of you itunes junkies chime in. :)

Ok Thanks Don that helps understand the issue.

phxbabe,

I am not sure how you are getting an Itunes file into S4 or S5 (whatever your using) LOR only recognizes the following media. When you download an iTunes song, it saves in the .m4p (protected) format.

media.png

Unless you converted the iTunes song to one of the above formats, it should not have loaded into LOR at all. I tried to add an iTunes audio file and it would accept the audio at all. 

The only way I know to convert an ITunes audio into mp3 format (which LOR can use) is to burn the audio file to disk, (this will convert it to .mp3) Then use the converted .mp3 file for your LOR audio file.

Disclaimer, this is what I used to do, not sure if this still works. Maybe someone with more iTunes experience will chime in. This was so you could play your protected audio on a non iTunes player. This file is still considered to be coopy righted and not to be shared with others.

What is the name of the song and artist. Maybe there is a copyright version out.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

4 hours ago, default said:

phxbabe,

Is this a source that we can downnload the file from. If so can you post a link? Maybe someone can look at it and see if it the .mp3 file causing the problem.

What is the song, maybe someone can come up with another version (non copyrighted)

Alan...

after I read this, I don't know why, but I decided that I would put everything onto a usb jump drive, and go to another computer.  I downloaded the same version software I used to create all my sequences, and registered it, popped in the usb stick and imported all sequences and media files to the new computer and I am now back up and running.  Well at least I am not crashing any more.  I still have to get my 2 controllers talking to each other and seen.  But at least the editor is working again. I have no idea why my main computer stopped allowing these media files to work. I lucked out when I switched computers and it worked, because I was about to have a 2 year old temper tantrum.   Thanks all for trying to help.

9 minutes ago, phxbabe said:

put everything onto a usb jump drive, and go to another computer.  I downloaded the same version software I used to create all my sequences, and registered it, popped in the usb stick and imported all sequences and media files to the new computer and I am now back up and running.

This might indicate an issue with the other computer (the one that was giving you problems) that would be way outside of any help LOR could give. Sounds like some sort of Codec issue, though I don't have any good answers on how you might investigate or resolve them.

4 minutes ago, Don said:

This might indicate an issue with the other computer (the one that was giving you problems) that would be way outside of any help LOR could give. Sounds like some sort of Codec issue, though I don't have any good answers on how you might investigate or resolve them.

I was thinking the same. If things are working now, go with that to get through the season so no more need for frustrations.

At some point, try downloading VLC Media Player. It has helped people before with bad or missing Codecs. When it installs it will install every Codec you should ever need, plus it is a very worthwhile media file player.

Alan...

• The topic was locked