Light-O-Rama Forums

major issue with sequence editor crashing

phxbabe

32 minutes ago, phxbabe said:

so no one can help me??? I reinstalled like 5 times still have same error cannot create tag engine and then crash

Someone will come along, I replied to your PM’s

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about S5

Remember Everyone is very busy but they will see this, hopefully

JR

K6ccc

Matt Brown

Any ideas gents? 

JR

Does S5 use SQL?   I searched on that message and I got the hint that a SQL DB engine was not running.Could be a Firewall issue if thats the case

I researched the error based on the label top left of the error message.

It appears you are missing the adjmmseng . Dll file

The file has to do with the media file.

Thats the best I can do though

Beat of luck

JR

If I was you I would try to repair your S4 version

Go to the download page and when you install instead of reinstalling select “repair”

See if that works

JR

firewall is off, anti-virus is off.  I contacted the helpdesk, and it said it sent me a email to verify my account but I never got it, and then it sent me another email saying to click link to read response, I click the link and it tells me I have to verify my registration from the email previously sent, but I never got it.  this is turning out to be a big joke that cost me a lot of money, no lights on yet, and no one to help me.

Do the repair as I mention above and hopefully it will replace the missing file(s)

You have to remember

1) It’s after business hours for LOR

2) It is the busiest time of year

3) fix your profile to indicate the correct version. Someone may have been able to help you earlier but saw the S5 and as I stated in my PM just couldn’t help with an S5 related error.

Check your junk messages. Yes I still get LOR messages that go straight to spam.

If it means Anything - I also do not have lights in yet. Stuff happens. Still plenty of time and it’s much worse to be attempting to troubleshoot when you are stressing.

Sometimea it’s better to walk away, go to sleep and start fresh. A lot of the people I have helped can tell you this. I can sense frustration over the phone and before to long say something like “ it’s late, you are frustrated and tired so it may be better to resume ....  tomorrow after rest. It prevents mistakes.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

For what it's worth, LOR doesn't typically respond to tickets after hours. I see yours in the queue, and no one has responded to it. Assuming your name and email address start with the letter "S" you can message me if you want the ticket number. (But you'll have to confirm the email address.) Sometimes email systems eat the emails or dump them into spam. It's not something you can 'blame' LOR for.

I've not seen that error message before, and I can't find that exact wording in the ticketing system (though the search engine on the admin side of the ticketing system isn't always the best.) If I had seen it before, then I would have replied. I'm sure others would have as well. Give LOR time to respond to the ticket. Keep in mind that people here on the forums are normal people, a lot of whom have displays and may very well be tending to their display in the evening. I'm sure the issue will be resolved, but I can understand that you'd be frustrated that it's not resolved this instant.

Okay phxbabe ... I've got to get sleep been a long day. Shoot me a PM with your email address, and if it matches the ticket in the queue, I'll get the ticket number to you.

Reminder: Check your spam folders. I saw someone this week all upset that LOR never replied ... only for him to find the responses from the past tickets (over a several month period) in his spam folder.

9 hours ago, phxbabe said:

I don't use S5.  I use S4.3.26

Your User Info under your name says 5.1.4, you might want to fix that as it is one of the first things helpers look at.

thanks everyone, first thing is I cant change the license part of my profile. its an error that  was somehow created by something / someone other than me.  I use S4.3.26, this year and last year.  I did a screen shot to show the version I am using.  Everything worked perfect, then I went to check my sequences one last time, and the media file wasn't present in any of them.  So I went to add the media file just as I had done when I made the sequence and now that error has popped up.  Error and crash.

I have run the repair, uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times, made sure all mu updates are good.  Turned off firewall, turned off anti virus, restarted my computer like 20 times.

the ticket I put in to the help desk:  I never got the registration email, I did however get a confirmation of my ticket with ticket number, but it wont allow me to access it, because the account needs to be verified via the email I never got.  Email address is obviously correct, or I would not have received the ticket confirmation.,  I have checked  my spam folder my junk folder I added them as contacts, I do know how to read and look for lost emails.  As of 8 am Arizona time, I do not have an email response to validate my registration so I can read the response from the help desk.  I have to work all day. so does everyone else I know, so evening is the only time I have to get stuff done and customer support should be available 24/7 during this time of year.  for the amount of money it cost everyone to do this, I don't think its asking a lot. 

Don, my name is Susan and my email address [removed by admin]

Thanks for your help!

Edit your profile here: http://forums.lightorama.com/profile/18159-phxbabe/edit

The help desk replied with "The ID3 tags in your MP3 are corrupted. You need to use a different media file."

Ticket number 572521.

I keep getting emails from the so called HELPdesk, that I am unable to access.  I have wrote them back and explained that I cannot access what they are sending me bevause it keeps saying I have to verify my account, which I cannot do, because no one has sent me that email so I can verify!!! so here I sit another night freezing half to death trying to get something to work, I even re downloaded the music files and still nothing works just crashes.  and still no help from customer support.  sorry but I am so sorry I bought light o rama.  I just am in shock that customer service cant read my emails telling them I cant access what they send me.

13 minutes ago, phxbabe said:

I keep getting emails from the so called HELPdesk, that I am unable to access.  I have wrote them back and explained that I cannot access what they are sending me bevause it keeps saying I have to verify my account, which I cannot do, because no one has sent me that email so I can verify!!! so here I sit another night freezing half to death trying to get something to work, I even re downloaded the music files and still nothing works just crashes.  and still no help from customer support.  sorry but I am so sorry I bought light o rama.  I just am in shock that customer service cant read my emails telling them I cant access what they send me.

I just told you exactly what they responded with. Did you not see my reply? It's the post right above you the one you just made 13 minutes ago.

If you are going to ignore the fact that I'm relaying the response to you so that you can get up and running let me know so that I can turn my time towards more productive activities.

From the totally not my job department (because I don't work for LOR, but still help out)

I went in to the help desk, and found that even my limited access, I still have the ability to tinker with a few things. So, your account at the help desk is now active. I set a username and a password, which I will send to you in a PM here in a moment. Thus as of 12:50 am Mountain Standard Time, you have access to the help desk. Please ... log into the account and see that I've given you the exact message they gave to you in the ticket.

thank you, this is what I did after seeing your message from helpdesk.  I went and got the music file again, saved it in a different location even, and guess what.... it still gives me the same error and crashes