Light-O-Rama Forums

Which software to use?

Rogue57

I am presently using Light O Rama 4.3.26 Pro software and I am looking at upgrading. 

I have been using LOR for a number of years and last year I added rgb pixel strips to my arches over the sidewalk and 4 rgb pixel strips vertically to the front of my house (firesticks).

I am planning on adding the same pixel strips to the outline of my house for next year so I would like to know which software I need to upgrade to while making it easier to program? Is there also anything else I need besides the software. I am also using the 4 LOR controllers for my LED Lights as well as a LOR controller for my LOR RGB floods. I am also using a sandevices E682 controller that powers my pixel rgb strips. I think I have all the controllers I need,,, is there additional software I need or does the new 5.0 software cover everything and make things easier.

Thank you in advance...Roger Fettig

Display2017.JPG

Edited by Rogue57

Better stuck with what you know. Huge learning curve esp for us that use the S4 and older.

Im only guessing here but if you implement S5 this late in the game you may either not have a show, be asking questions that being the busy part of The season may go unanswered or you will be here asking for sequences.

Best if kuck

innyour endeavors tI want to go S5. S4 is truly capable of handling a large number of pixels

JR

As stated, stay with S4 until after the Holidays. There is a big learning curve to S5 and you probably wouldn't learn it fast enough and just get frustrated. After the Holidays you have a year to learn it properly.

For the most part, for large numbers of pixels (particularly for matrix type props), you have two major options.  Pixel Editor was added in S4, but requires a Pro level license.  In S5, Pixel Editor was integrated in the Sequencer (and is now called Motion Effects), but still requires a Pro level license.  The other is SuperStar which is an extra cost license, but will work with lower class LOR licenses.  SuperStar is also somewhat more integrated with the Sequencer in S5.

Personally I do almost all of my sequences in SuperStar.