Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP. Am I buying thre right setup?

Kiley

I'm about to order the ShowTime TSO Package, but just want some feedback.  I'm very new and I like the fact that I can just plug in the SD card this year until I have time to start programming myself. I just want to make sure this controller is the one that the majority of the homes I see use. I do plan on adding to it as I move along.  Any input is really appreciated before I make the purchase. Thanks.

I'm using the TSO ShowTime Central package with 3 CTB16PC controllers (48 channels) for the 2nd year.  This is one of my videos: https://youtu.be/bJj9MhZumuw    Not everyone uses the ShowTime Central package because a lot of people use their computer to run their shows (the MiniDirector that plays the SD card takes the place of a computer in ShowTime Central).  So I wouldn't say that the "majority of the homes" use ShowTime Central.  In fact I think more people who have a LOR setup probably use their computers to run their shows.

Edited by Speedster

But can still use my computer with this setup once I start making my own sequences? It includes the software So I’m guessing it’s the same controller correct?

Also try to remember this as well, most store bought shows ARE NOT going to match your display exactly, so they aren't truly just plug in and go, not unless you design YOUR display with what is set up in the store bought sequence.   I've never used or bought one, so I don't know how or what they put in them for props, lights, etc.

Most folks will usually create a NEW sequence and then COPY from the store purchased one into the Sequence they created that MATCHES their display set up and then write that show to an SD Card, not the store bought sequenced show SD Card.  Not unless you first copy the store bought files as are from the SD card to a folder on your HD somewhere, as you DO NOT want to overwrite the original sequences you paid for!   Once copied off the SD Card, then you could rewrite to it.   Personally I'd just recommend buying another SD Card.  When I ran shows from a Director unit, I always had at a minimum 4 SD Cards at hand, just in case one quit functioning for some reason, then I have a 2nd and/or 3rd or more SD cards with my show written to it for a backup to keep the show running.

If you want editable sequences you can purchase them as well, but they do cost more.  Current check I saw was an ADDITIONAL $25.00 cost for editable sequences and from my understanding of looking at the LOR Motion Packs for LOR Singing Trees, that would be an ADDITIONAL $14.00 to go with the matching sequence.   And then remember, they usually DO NOT come with the Music file, so you'll need to locate and purchase that to go with everything as well.

I'm not sure if you can just add those LOR Motion Packs to your own created sequences, looked for a bit, but didn't see anything about putting them to your own sequences using LOR's Singing Trees.   I would hope they could be, but currently I don't know if you can or not.  If it's there, I missed it, but my vision isn't what it used to be when I first got into this, so it's easy for me to miss things being legally blind.