Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit Numbers Set-up

Paul Moore

15 minutes ago, Orville said:

I suppose if you want to call it a Pixie 2 you can, but I go by the literal text directly on LOR's website that details what they are and what they are for.

Orville, go download the current Pixie Manual. On page 22 there is a Picture of a Pixie2D

3 minutes ago, Don said:

Picture, please.

I can't post a photo.  I don't have a way to take one or upload it at this time.

Edited by Orville

4 minutes ago, Orville said:

I can't post a photo.  I don't have a way to take one or upload it at this time.

A] You don't have one then.
B] If you did, you would know how to set the address on them.
C] Please just admit you were wrong and move on.

Edited by Don
Typo.

So after all this I’m guessing I go with Mr. P setup ?

String 1 - Unit ID 2, channels 1-300 (2 x 50 pixel strings) Is this port 1 ??            String 2 - Unit ID 3, channels 1-300 (2 x 50 pixel strings) Is this port 2 ?

Just now, Paul Moore said:

String 1 - Unit ID 2, channels 1-300 (2 x 50 pixel strings) Is this port 1 ??            String 2 - Unit ID 3, channels 1-300 (2 x 50 pixel strings) Is this port 2 ?

Should be.

Just now, Don said:

A] You don't have one then.
B] If you did, you would know how to set the address on them.
C] Please just admit you were wrong and move one.

A} Probably not. {after Mr P. posted the LARGER photo I could see the Pixie 2D on the PCB.  I could not read that in the original small version in the response.

B.} I set mine via the HWU.

C} They looked exactly like what I have, so I really thought they were the same thing.   And I WILL admit when I am wrong on something, and this time I WAS INCORRECT!  And I freely admit it.  I could only go from what info was here at the time and it'd be very easy for anyone to make this same mistake.

12 minutes ago, Paul Moore said:

That is correct.

16 minutes ago, Orville said:

A} Probably not. {after Mr P. posted the LARGER photo I could see the Pixie 2D on the PCB.  I could not read that in the original small version in the response.

B.} I set mine via the HWU.

C} They looked exactly like what I have, so I really thought they were the same thing.   And I WILL admit when I am wrong on something, and this time I WAS INCORRECT!  And I freely admit it.  I could only go from what info was here at the time and it'd be very easy for anyone to make this same mistake.

I wouldn't steer you wrong Orville, at least not intentionally.  😁

Ok, reporting back !

All working fine now except every time I change the Unit ID to my preferred ID it resets when I come back to it the next day or simply if I power down the controller.

I want this Unit set to 02 but keeps defaulting back to 01 once its powered down - do I need to look at the jumpers/switches on the board ?

4 minutes ago, Paul Moore said:

Ok, reporting back !

All working fine now except every time I change the Unit ID to my preferred ID it resets when I come back to it the next day or simply if I power down the controller.

I want this Unit set to 02 but keeps defaulting back to 01 once its powered down - do I need to look at the jumpers/switches on the board ?

Yes, you need to remove a jumper from JP5 (park it on 1 pin only), that jumper forces defaults

1 hour ago, Paul Moore said:

Switches:

1599719125_IMG_0782(1).jpg.3544a6eeb5b3c657e6162a493416268d.jpg

Jumpers: (sorry about quality) 

jumper.jpg

Besides the dirt in your pic  (you might clean that board. dirt can be a conductor or a corrosive)

The MANUALS  photo of the board has NONE.  Park that jumper

• Thanks 1

Emmm, it still doesn't store the New Unit ID...

Going to set all dip switches to Off position as No 8 is on

Edited by Paul Moore

18 minutes ago, Paul Moore said:

Emmm, it still doesn't store the New Unit ID...

Going to set all dip switches to Off position as No 8 is on

Resolved... Dip switch 8 was On. Now off and Unit ID stays set

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Wait... the box comes in white? 

hehe

Merry Christmas!

Yes - correct

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry dragging this one back up again...

Lights are all up and running at this stage ! but I I have noticed that the 4 leaping arches I have on this controller are running wrong / order of the strings.

There is 4 strings of 50 pixels that make up the 4 arches. The controller has 2 connections as we mentioned previously, Port 1 & Port 2.

I have the controller sitting in the middle, 2 arches to the left and 2 to the right. The thing is, the 2 arches on the left are in sequence but the 2 on the right are working in the opposite direction, really noticeable when I want the arches leaping from left to right or vica versa.  Is there a way I can switch the order of the pixels on the 2nd port ?

Thanks,

Paul 

If the controller is in the middle: One set goes from Low channels to High Channels  (the most common) The other needs the reverse order: High -> low channels

42 minutes ago, Paul Moore said:

I have the controller sitting in the middle, 2 arches to the left and 2 to the right. The thing is, the 2 arches on the left are in sequence but the 2 on the right are working in the opposite direction, really noticeable when I want the arches leaping from left to right or vica versa.  Is there a way I can switch the order of the pixels on the 2nd port ?

That's exactly like I have my arches (except I have six of them on three controllers).  Easy to change.

1)  Open the Hardware Utility.  After scanning for controllers, select the desired controller (the green arrow).  Then select Config (the red arrow):

HU-1.png

That will bring up the Configuration page.  Select Cosmic Color / Pixie Config (purple arrow):

HU-2.png

Select Reverse String on either string 1 or string 2 (the orange arrow).  Assuming your setup is like mine (from the audience point of view, it's string 1, controller, string 2), reverse string 1.  That will make each string start with pixel 1 on the audience left).

HU-3.png

Actually based on your description, you likely need to reverse string 2.

Edited by k6ccc