Light-O-Rama Forums

Director issues

DieselMech

All right, I know that I have seen this on the Light-O-Rama forums before but cant seem to find it now. I have all my controllers attached to a director. I only have a timer on the first controller but I am getting network power when it is turned off. I had cut 2 wires in my old Cat5 cable but now cant seem to find what 2 wires control the power. I need to cut them so the director doesn't have power when show turns off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

On a LOR RS485 network pins 1&2 3&6 are power, pins 4&5 are data. (corrected, I don't want to post false data 😁)

Edited by Mr. P

Power is on pins 3 & 6 - In most cases, that will be the White/green pair (could be White/Orange)

Data is on pins 4 & 5 - Normally the White/Blue pair.

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Power is on pins 3 & 6 - In most cases, that will be the White/green pair (could be White/Orange)

Data is on pins 4 & 5 - Normally the White/Blue pair.

3&6? I thought they were 1&2? Thank you for the correction.

Edited by Mr. P

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

3&6? I thought they were 1&2?

No.  Pins 1 & 2 pass through each controller untouched.  I put a resistor at the far end of the network between 1 & 2 and then detect that at the USB adapter end.  If the resistance changes (open or short), it sets off an alarm and I know someone is tampering with my network.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked