Light-O-Rama Forums

2018 All Lights On

gc75067

Took this last night as it was getting dark but you cannot see all of the colors.  Will take another this evening before it gets dark and you can see things better.

2018 All Lights On-2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will get more pics soon. Been crazy at work.

Fan is big and is two pieces. Has 16 channels.

Arches are leaping. There are 4 sections in each arch but I have 6 channels on each. Red and green are doubled up and white is on their own. Allows me to bounce green and white, red and white, or red, white, green, white.

One of the spiral trees is red/white and one is green/white.

Oh my GAWD! Even better with the video. I absolutely love the way it looks like your arches are sneaking across the path and driveway!!! 4 Channels you say hey. Hmmmm You are giving me ideas to bring arches back into my display next year! I had to take mine apart as 2 were wrecked by fire but, this gives me ideas!!!! Thanks for the ideas and information on your display!!!

Absolutely Love your display!!!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the comments. I will get the exact measurements on the fan.  my wife took this video and then added the music to it.

10 minutes ago, Soupy8728 said:

Cool!  How did you build your spiral trees?  They look so much "fuller" than any that I've seen.  Nice job!

Carl

They are not very tall so that helps.  What probably makes the most difference is how I have the lights. we use 200 lights per channel but rather than end to end we run them parallel, slightly offset so the lights do not line up exactly, to each other and tie wrap them together.  We run 16 of these on each tree so 3200 lights per tree.

Edited by gc75067

19 minutes ago, gc75067 said:

They are not very tall so that helps.  What probably makes the most difference is how I have the lights. we use 200 lights per channel but rather than end to end we run them parallel, slightly offset so the lights do not line up exactly, to each other and tie wrap them together.  We run 16 of these on each tree so 3200 lights per tree.

So the trees are three dimensional, not just a flat 2D tree from what I can tell?.  Did you wrap the lights from top to bottom in a spiral method?  That seems to be what I've been able to find on the internet.  Excuse my newbie-ness....I just like to ask questions when I see something wonderfully done.  Appreciate your time.

Just now, Soupy8728 said:

So the trees are three dimensional, not just a flat 2D tree from what I can tell?.  Did you wrap the lights from top to bottom in a spiral method?  That seems to be what I've been able to find on the internet.  Excuse my newbie-ness....I just like to ask questions when I see something wonderfully done.  Appreciate your time.

Correct. I build a frame and then spiral wrap the trees.

2 minutes ago, gc75067 said:

Correct. I build a frame and then spiral wrap the trees.

So your light strands of 200 (ran parallel so I'm guessing 100 per strand) are slightly off set (same color lights per channel?) and then ran from the top to the ground as one "channel"?

1 minute ago, Soupy8728 said:

So your light strands of 200 (ran parallel so I'm guessing 100 per strand) are slightly off set (same color lights per channel?) and then ran from the top to the ground as one "channel"?

correct.  one tree is green/white and the other is red white.  example - channel=1 200 green, channel 2=200 white and so on.

1 minute ago, gc75067 said:

correct.  one tree is green/white and the other is red white.  example - channel=1 200 green, channel 2=200 white and so on.

Very cool.  Thank you so much for the inspiration!

• The topic was locked