Light-O-Rama Forums

Stuck on filling a blank space

jtomason

Hey folks - I need your decorating ideas. 

I'm stuck trying to find something to fill the space between the two windows on the second story:

house.jpg

At the moment, there are strands running down perpendicular to the ground from the peak of the 1st story down to the ground and dumb RBGs surrounding the windows (Yeah, no pixels yet..)

Notes:

1. Thanks to the porch, I cannot (yet) get on the second story roof to either put anything up there or to drop/secure anything from there.  The expense of renting a cherry picker is prohibitive. 

2. Cost is an issue.  While I'd love to install a large pixel matrix, the cost was shot down by the wife.

3. I really don't want to use those cheap projectors with spinning slowflakes, etc.   I have a "Countdown to Christmas" projector that I used at our last house, but there's no angle that works - it's either too large (and spills onto the first floor) or doesn't clear the 1st floor roof. 

4. There are screws in the inside of the window cutouts (holding up the PVC on which the RGB strips are mounted).   I could run a line between them to hold something up, but can't find anything big enough to matter and cheap enough to get by the "finance committee". 

5. I can support either AC/LOR, dumb RGB, DMX, or pixels - I have spare capacity for each.  

Current view:

houselights.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Joe

How about a big snowflake - they have them at Menard's/Lowe's/Home Depot - and aren't all that expensive. Maybe even a couple of smaller ones to make a grouping of three staggered in that area that you could control in time with the music.

You already have a row o snowflakes -    so a group o more of them  would fit right in!

Edited by jamills706

The first thing I thought of was a snowflake "field" like several of these:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/CoroFlake-SnowFlake-p/129.htm

randomly placed throughout the blank space!

You could even mix in a few stars to change things up a bit!

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-Coro-NorthStar-Holdman-p/46.htm

Edited by DisneyMatt10

17 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

You could even mix in a few stars to change things up a bit!

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-Coro-NorthStar-Holdman-p/46.htm

Apparently that is 6' tall.   One might be sufficient, and the blank space around it will give it prominence, I think.  

Would have to be a 2019 project, but hmmm....  :)

Edited by jtomason

• 2 weeks later...

I wound up going with the HolidayCoro Northstar as suggested.   It's sitting here in the box waiting for me to assemble it.  :)

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 2:34 PM, jtomason said:

I wound up going with the HolidayCoro Northstar as suggested.   It's sitting here in the box waiting for me to assemble it.  :)

Great choice! Can't wait to see it make it's way into the show! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Great choice! Can't wait to see it make it's way into the show! 

Me either - although I did make a decision I am sure I will regret and went with dumb RGB nodes for it due to having the capacity on a controller that's already serving the roof.