Light-O-Rama Forums

can't open mp3 in sequence editor

buzzandwoody

Need help with mini director. Trying to open music as mp3 in Sequence Editor but it keeps freezing and won't open. Using Audacity with Lame. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I open my .wav song in Audacity and convert it to mp3. I then export it. I open up Sequence editor and I have opened up my sequence and tried to change the music file there but I have also tried to create a new musical sequence with the idea of copying and pasting my programming. Neither method works. Each time the analyze media file progress bar comes up and stalls at 7 bars.

i am using constant at 128 kbps. I just loaded LOR and audacity on to a laptop and it worked just fine but it will not work on the desktop.

• 1 month later...

I had to set everything up on a new computer.  Is the Lame_v3.99.3_for_Windows encoder still the file to use or is there a newer version for the newest Audacity version?  Is the LAME encoder even needed anymore?  I can no longer find any info on setting up MP3 files on Light-O-Rama or anything besides the LAME source code on Soundforge.  All of my documentation and files are several years old.

21 minutes ago, schristi69 said:

I had to set everything up on a new computer.  Is the Lame_v3.99.3_for_Windows encoder still the file to use or is there a newer version for the newest Audacity version?  Is the LAME encoder even needed anymore?  I can no longer find any info on setting up MP3 files on Light-O-Rama or anything besides the LAME source code on Soundforge.  All of my documentation and files are several years old.

I only use the older version of Audacity and yes LAME is still required

You can go to one of the repositories that have the older versions. The newer versions of audacity are IMO more work trying to export than the older version.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

20 minutes ago, schristi69 said:

If you are going to use Audacity to create or edit files and save them as .mp3 files, yes, LAME is required.  Software patents prevents Audacity from including them directly.  Takes only a few seconds to add LAME however.  Follow the directions on the Audacity site to add LAME.

• The topic was locked