Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR stays on

Randall Huber

One of the more common failure modes for a lot of pixel types is to make part of the string go all white.  The problem can be either the first one that is white, or the pixel prior to that one.  Easy to fix with pixel nodes, but much harder with strips.

So the solution is to replace the CCR, but Light O Rama is out of stock on CCR's. Where else can you get compatible CCR's? I need a couple of backups for my mega-tree and I had the same failure on one CCR that Randall had, full on white. So I had to use my last good CCR but I worry about backup. Any tips?

Check your connections at the controller all 3 or 4

Beat to remove them And reattach.

If it is on as soon as you power the controller and stays on after a test or sequence more than likely you have a bad or improper connection.

JR

I have one that stays white, except for a few inches at the beginning of the ribbon. When I get a chance I'm going cut off the bad part of the ribbon and solder the wires back on. Maybe the might work

Same problem here.   The strip was freaking out a bit.   I unplugged the power supply overnight.   Next day, I plugged it in and it seemed to have gone away.   I was wondering if the recent rain was it.  But later today, the third pixel stayed dim green.  However, the rest of the strip was fine.  So I left it.   

But, tonight I shut down the whole system temporarily and when I unloaded lightorama, that strip went crazy random colors and a lot of white.   I unplugged the power and when I plugged it back in, it was all white from the third pixel up and only crazy color for the first three.   

I did some swapping of controllers and different strips and it is definitely the strip.     I also went online to immediately buy a replacement and saw out of stock.     

WILL LOR HAVE THEM AGAIN IN THE FUTURE, OR SHOULD i START TO THINK ABOUT PHASING OUT OF THE OLD CCRS?    HOPEFULLY REPLACEMENT STRIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Thanks to others suggesting different sources with the RBG/RGB modification.   I fear if I did that sucessfully, the colors wouldn't match my original CCRs.   As it is, I have 18 CCRS and 2 of them are warm white different from the cool white all of the others have.

For now, I will go to a 11 CCR tree and I'll do surgery on the 12th and see if I can revive it somehow.   Maybe calling LOR first.

Thanks for this post and all of the info being shared.    I'll keep looking for a solution and post my results here.

22 hours ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

Thanks for this post and all of the info being shared.    I'll keep looking for a solution and post my results here.

Well, I ordered some 6803's online as sysco suggested - but from amazon and will have here on Wednesday.   $18 for a strip.   I'll play with it and post updates.

At the same time, I unplugged the controller from the classic LOR CCR overnight and plugged it in this morning.   Now it appears to be running fine with just that 3rd pixel staying on dim green when there is no command going to it.   Otherwise it does what it is told to do.   I won't mess with that for the season and deal with it in January if it stays that way.

• The topic was locked