Light-O-Rama Forums

Bullet or Square Pixels?

scodavis

I recently acquired a snowman from my parents; it originally had 150 clear incandescent lights which didn't work.  They were going to throw it away so I offered to take it in and make some modifications!

I want to maintain that look of a snowman lit by Christmas lights, but be able to vary the colors and patterns.  Therefore, I want to replace those incandescents with pixels.  This will allow me to make the snowman a wide array of colors, make different parts of the snowman different colors, and even do more advanced effects, such as having the snowman all blue and then have individual lights twinkle white.

I notice that Light-O-Rama sells the pixels in bulbs (too big for this), bullet style pixels, and square pixels.  Based on maintaining the look of the snowman lit by incandescent lights, which of the two options (bullet and square) do you recommend I use?

Thank you!

-Scott

snowman.jpg

Well, bullets are closer in shape to the original, and probably LOTS easier to secure with the proper orientation. 

do you know how many existing lights it has? Spacing (wire length between bulbs)

(Due to the section this is posted in, I can't make my other suggestion.)

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Well, bullets are closer in shape to the original, and probably LOTS easier to secure with the proper orientation. 

do you know how many existing lights it has? Spacing (wire length between bulbs)

(Due to the section this is posted in, I can't make my other suggestion.)

The original strings had 150 bulbs (I plan to use 150 pixels) and they were spaced about 3 inches apart.  You're welcome to PM me with your other suggestion if you don't want to post it here.

-Scott

• The topic was locked