Light-O-Rama Forums

Unknown Device in LOR software

drizzt1701

Has anyone else had a similar problem?  I am hoping this is something simple that I am overlooking.  Thanks for any help, I am totally stumped.

I am trying to get LOR to recognize my PixLit  Pixcon 16 MkII Smart Controller.  I have ran this system for 2 years but this year the LOR software will not allow me to configure it.

I am running my lights on a stand alone desktop with no internet or other networks connected to it. A static IP address, and an ethernet switch to my control board

I am currently running LOR version 4.3.34.  I uninstalled this version, loaded version 4.4.0 and tried configuring my controller with the same message, "Unknown Device.  May need to update software"

Uninstalled version 4.4.0 and reinstalled version 4.3.34.  Same message.

steps I have taken:

1. Set up Pixel Strips

2. connected them to the pixLite Pixcon 16 MkII controller

3. Configured the board with the Advatek Assistant software.  All went well and tested the board/pixel strips through that software.

4. went through the LOR Network Configuration  and click the find/configure pixcon 16 button, my controller shows up in the devices screen in white.  When I click on the device in the list it comes up

"Unknown Device.  May need to update software."  I have the latest version and the next to latest version, 4.3.34 and version 4.4.0, same message

Here is a photo of what I am talking about.  

I have followed LOR's Pixcon troubleshooting guide to a T

My network is working fine but the LOR software will not let me configure to LOR control   It sends gibberish data to my pixel strips.

46959186_10213151965618780_7949636873192734720_n.thumb.jpg.dd1b8dc705852cb8b69686533f5a1f79.jpg

A Pixlite is not a Pixcon so you DO NOT configure it with the Pixcon button. You need to set the Pixlite up as an E1.31 controller and set the IP and universes in the Network Config. When adding the device to to SE you will Add Device as DMX Universes or you can set it up in SE as a Pixcon but use the DMX settings (much faster and groups the channels).

thanks,  I had it configured all along, I did it as DMX Universes, but I am still getting incorrect lighting on my ribbons.  I am still trying to figure this one out but it is driving me crazy.