Light-O-Rama Forums

Help....Please!!!

Gina Burns

I have created a sequence in Pixel Editor and did the whole saved intensity data.  The sequence editor shows the PE information but when i try to run the lights nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong or missing?

Couple things to check.  Is the LOR network set to Enhanced?  Are the controllers capable of running on an Enhanced network?

14 minutes ago, Gina Burns said:

Ok i am just going to play dumb...please be patient with me.....lor set to enhanced?  

What controllers?

How did you configure/ set up the controllers within SE?

I asked that since you didn't know what enhanced was/ is.

If you have a pixie 2/4/8/16 you can read my step by step configuration in the General Hardware section of the forums. "Pixie16 Configuration Step by Step" this will/ may help you. It is stickied at the top of the page.

JR

Intensity files require that the network being used is set to enhanced mode.  If you start up Network Preferences, assuming you have it in Simple mode, it will look something like this.  If you are already in Advanced mode, skip this step.  Press the button on the right for Advanced.

S5_Network_Prefs-1.png

After you click on the advanced button, it will look something like this.

S5_Network_Prefs-3.png

Click on whatever network you are using (Most likely Regular), and you should get something like this (without my Comment of course):

S5_Network_Prefs-4.png

Make sure the Enhanced LOR Network is selected near the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok another issue...what am i missing?  I have 2 pixie 16 controllers hooked up.  In PE eveything works great....when i test the lights the controllers are not working together.  For example, i have the text effect in part of the sequence...it looks great in PE but when the lights run it it is doubled box 1 is putting it out and box 2 is putting it out...they r not working together 

13 minutes ago, Gina Burns said:

Ok another issue...what am i missing?  I have 2 pixie 16 controllers hooked up.  In PE eveything works great....when i test the lights the controllers are not working together.  For example, i have the text effect in part of the sequence...it looks great in PE but when the lights run it it is doubled box 1 is putting it out and box 2 is putting it out...they r not working together 

Disregard, read it wrong.

If you copy pasted did you copy paste them correctly

JR

Edited by dibblejr

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Disregard, read it wrong.

If you copy pasted did you copy paste them correctly

JR

I do not copy and paste.  It does it with images too.  It is like the controllers read the circuits 1-16 and 1-16......not 1-32

56 minutes ago, Gina Burns said:

I do not copy and paste.  It does it with images too.  It is like the controllers read the circuits 1-16 and 1-16......not 1-32

It sounds like the controllers are using the same Unit IDs. Verify the ID settings on the controllers.

1st Pixie 16 - You set the starting ID of 1 and it will use 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10.

2nd Pixie 16 - you set the starting ID of 11 and it will use 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20.

You assign the starting ID of each controller and the software assigns the next 15 automatically.

Really???? When i get home i will change it then!  Let me ask this just in case...if I don't have a 1 (i don't remember seeing it) but i have 01 would that work too?

1 hour ago, Gina Burns said:

My IDs is 1A  and 17...

Seriously overlapped. It is like you told it you had Pixie8's

2 minutes ago, Gina Burns said:

Really???? When i get home i will change it then!  Let me ask this just in case...if I don't have a 1 (i don't remember seeing it) but i have 01 would that work too?

No!   Count 16 (in Hex)+1  before you add another device

Since you have Pro, the (need to keep sequential) counts are not an issue. Assign by Blocks: 20-2F, 30-3F

(So much easier starting with a x0-xF, those are blocks of 16...  just remember 00 is not allowed)

2 hours ago, Gina Burns said:

Man if this works you are my hero!!! 

Reading my Pixie16 config Step by Step stickied at the top of the General Hardware section would really help you.

When I replied about the copy paste I had seen your earlier post “got it” so I assumed you had your pixies set up Correctly.

The Step by Step explains everything to you in easy to follow instructions. 

JR

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Since you have Pro, the (need to keep sequential) counts are not an issue. Assign by Blocks: 20-2F, 30-3F

(So much easier starting with a x0-xF, those are blocks of 16...  just remember 00 is not allowed)

Yup, we seem to think alike.  I assign my props in blocks.  Much easier for me to manage and less change of accidentally overlapping things

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Everyone must remember that Pixies use the same number of IDs as they have ports, instill that in your brains and you will prevent overlap.