Light-O-Rama Forums

My new 24 x 100 pixel tree

k6ccc

This year, I rebuilt my 12 x 50 pixel tree into a 24 x 100 pixel tree.  This is a crappy cellphone video of the tree just to give an idea what it looks like.  This is the end of one song (where there is essentially no audio) and all of the next (where there is audio - albeit rather quiet).  I will have some better video soon (I hope)...

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 3

Looks awesome!  Some year when I can afford it I want to get into pixels too.  Seems intimidating to program all the different graphics and colors.  Is there a fairly steep learning curve for pixel technology?

36 minutes ago, Speedster said:

Looks awesome!  Some year when I can afford it I want to get into pixels too.  Seems intimidating to program all the different graphics and colors.  Is there a fairly steep learning curve for pixel technology?

you'll find a lot of these sequences are purchased from a third party, as for designing your own it's not to bad. Pixel editor, superstar and other software aren't to bad to learn, just a small curve at the start.

As Sicks said, there is a learning curve with SuperStar or Pixel Editor, but once you get the hang of it, they are fairly easy to use.  Personally, I use SuperStar for almost all of my sequences.  I will also tell you that although I can make the software do what I want it to do, I am not an artist and lack the creativity to know what I want it to do.  As a result, of my 13 songs, 10 were purchased from one of several sources, two were given to me, and one is 100% mine.  That one took me four months - after which I decided to purchase my pixel tree sequences.  In a couple cases I have tweeked the original a tiny bit, then I add the other thousand or so pixels in the yard based on the tree colors and motions.  My five short voiceover announcements were all mine.  To give credit where it is due - JR Dibble did all my singing faces.

28 minutes ago, debtoews said:

Nice Jim!  Wonder where the inspiration came from???  lol  Merry Christmas  XOXO

Deb, you know EXACTLY where that came from!

OK, for the rest of you, that was an inside joke from Deb.  Last year, I was debating increasing my 12 x 50 pixel tree to more pixels.  I went up to see Deb and her neighborhood.  I was in her house when ther show started.  As we walked outside, we were talking about upgrading my tree and to how much of an upgrade.  We got across the street and turned around to see her 24 string tree.  In about one second, the decision was made to go to 24 strings x 100 pixels.  One other advantage of that change was that both x & y axis were exactly double the number of pixels, so it was easy to expand the existing sequences and have them still look good.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked