Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when running sequence in show player

stevehoyt

I have a sequence that I have had for years, that suddenly gets an error  when loading in the show player. It works fine if I run it via the sequence editor. 

As with all my sequences, I have made changes to them and created new play files, however this is the only one of about 15 or so that gives me the error when I add it to my show.

The error is: 

6:27:11 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid end centisecond for last replacement event: 11100; channel is 11030 centiseconds) Musical: C:\Users\steve\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2018 Sequences\2018 V51 JingleBarbara.play.lms

Has anyone seen this error or have any idea how to fix it?

I have retried saving the play files. I also tired shortening it a few tenths of a second to see if that would make a difference. No luck

Running 5.2.0 PRO

Thanks 

Steve

There is likely an error in the XML of the lms file associated with the times in the message. Between centisecond 11030 and 11100 or 110.3s and 111.0s

You could look at a COPY of the lms file in a text editor and see if anything looks odd or out of place in that time frame, but be aware that even a missing or extra character or even a space can make the file TOTALY useless.

I am not familiar with the PLAY file format and if there is an error in that file you might want to check with the help desk.

30 minutes ago, stevehoyt said:

…...The error is: 

6:27:11 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid end centisecond for last replacement event: 11100; channel is 11030 centiseconds) Musical: C:\Users\steve\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2018 Sequences\2018 V51 JingleBarbara.play.lms…...

I've had some similar messages before. I re-added the media file and seemed to fix it. Once though had to create new sequence and copy/paste channels. Good luck..

I have seen that when I had an effect that extended beyond the end of the sequence.  Usually the result of a copy and paste of a group of effects to a later portion of the song.

Note that I sequence pretty much everything in SuperStar, and this would show up after exporting from SuperStar into Sequence Editor (all this prior to S5 as the procedure has changed).

Matts suggestion did the trick. I added some time to the file and the problem went away.

The file has been sent to him in case it can be of any value to look at.

Steve

The bug causing the "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid end centisecond for last replacement event)" message will be fixed in the next S5 release.

Matt