Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduled Show Times

WLP3

Do I need to have a different software package to have scheduled show times rather than hourly.  Shows seems to be getting later as we go along on an hourly repeat.

I should have clarified that I am using a G3-MP3 director.  I need to have the show play at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 with lights on in between.  Will I be able to select the actual times with another software version or will I have to program each separately.  I would assume that I could do this:

Show 1

Start-  5:30  End- 6:30; one time only, lights on

Show 2 

Start-  6:30 End 7:30; one time only, lights on

etc...

WLP3, I'm not sure if you can get the director to start on the half hour. I know you could schedule it from 5:30-10:00pm (as explained in a prior post) but I don't know if telling it 'hourly' will default to 00, or 60 minutes from the scheduled start time.

Honestly, one way to find out is to put a test show in there this afternoon and see what happens. That'd be the quickest way to do it.

Thanks, Don.  I had a problem with that last night.  I can get it to start at 5:30 but I think it calculates the next showing from the end of the first showing and keeps getting later.  A showtime schedule has been published so I need to stick to the times.  Can I have 4 separate shows like I mentioned?

Edited by WLP3

Yes, you can set up the four shows to write on there. In that case, use 'only once' and 'lights on' for the options on the main screen.

1 hour ago, WLP3 said:

I should have clarified that I am using a G3-MP3 director.  I need to have the show play at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 with lights on in between.  Will I be able to select the actual times with another software version or will I have to program each separately.  I would assume that I could do this:

Show 1

Start-  5:30  End- 6:30; one time only, lights on

Show 2 

Start-  6:30 End 7:30; one time only, lights on

etc...

Why not just loop from 5:30 to 10:00? Most people don’t watch the entire show and drive off when static anyway. 

18 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Most people don’t watch the entire show and drive off when static anyway. 

What he said.

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If for commercial why not use your computer?

JR

Sometimes the client doesn't want to use one. *shrug*

• Haha 1