Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB singing light bulbs

tbuff23

When I start my show the singing light bulbs outlines does not light if I stop and restart the show it works fine.

I am running 2 cccII with 2 strings RGB bullet bulbs the  animation on the computer looks good but I hook everything

up outside and it goes haywire. The controllers are daisy chained through lor CTB16's Can anybody help I am running

out of time. Thanks,

8 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

When I start my show the singing light bulbs outlines does not light if I stop and restart the show it works fine.

I am running 2 cccII with 2 strings RGB bullet bulbs the  animation on the computer looks good but I hook everything

up outside and it goes haywire. The controllers are daisy chained through lor CTB16's Can anybody help I am running

out of time. Thanks,

What gen is the CTB16?  If it is Gen 2, crank the network speed up to 115K, if it is a Gen 3, go for 500K.

You may need to run 2 networks Old and slow for the Gen 2, and Fast (red adapter) for the Pixies

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

What gen is the CTB16?  If it is Gen 2, crank the network speed up to 115K, if it is a Gen 3, go for 500K.

You may need to run 2 networks Old and slow for the Gen 2, and Fast (red adapter) for the Pixies

1 Control is the old gen and one is a new gen I have the speed set for 500 with the black adapter. 

5 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

How do I run another network?

Buy another (red) adapter and CAT5 cable. Put the olg Gen2 on the Black adapter, the others on the Red.

Set the In the Sequence Editor: Tools Channel:channel configuration: : Change controller (button): select controller: Change Network: OK <rinse n repeat as needed until all desired controllers are on the new network>

Note: this needs to be done for every sequence affected

5 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

Do I change it to AUX?

Do you have the second adapter?  Is it RED?

This is not just a setting change.  AuxA is the first of all possible additional adapters.  YOU NEED THE SUPPORTING HARDWARE.

There are 2 places in LOR that you MAP networks.

Network Preferences: Maps the PC's Com ports to the adapter  (Avoid HU's Make this.... like the plague, as it will shuffle the one assigned to "regular"

When you Add a controller, Add a channel in the Sequence editor you answer the question: Network.  If you use Tools:channel configuration, you can change all the channels assigned to a controller in a single go.

Best to set up the Network using the Network Utility providing you have the Red HS Adapter, you really need to run the RGB lights on 500K and Enhanced.  As you have a Pro license you can use an Enhanced Network, however as TheDucks stated, older V1 and V2 of the CTB16PC's CAN NOT run at this speed.  Mine {I have 4 V2 CTB16PC Controllers} skip and miss beats in a song or sequence if I use anything above 57.6k on the Regular LOR Network and using Comm3, the Red HS Adapter is set to Comm4, 500K, Enhanced, and Aux A.   If set up in the network configuration utility you will not have to reset this in your sequences one you have it set up in the first sequence and you save it as a new Channel Config file for any new sequences, and it can then also be imported into any existing sequences, making these changes on the fly for you as long as your Controllers are set up exactly the same and no channels have been moved around or changed.

Depending on how your sequences are arranged you may still have to manually go in and change the settings within the sequence, but it's an easy thing to do.

Once you have the network set in the configuration utility, you can still use the HWU to test lights, I disabled the pop up screen that asks when you start the HWU is this the Comm port you wish to use for shows, the first Comm port {Comm3 in my case} is the MAIN Comm port for running my shows, if I accidentally clicked yes, when I changed to Comm4 {as that pop up will appear again, unless disabled} and you say yes, the Regular LOR Network WILL NOT run from the SE and only the RGB lights may or may not operate.   Always make sure the lowest Comm port in the HWU IS the one selected for running shows!

IF you need advice on how to change the controllers from one type to another in the SE after you get everything set up and get the 2nd Red High Speed Adapter, just come back and ask.

Don't won't to overwhelm you with too much info and get you too confused, need to take this a step at a time.

Edited by Orville

21 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

The red adaptor I ordered came in could I get some help loading and settint it up?

Thanks,

Sure, plug it in.  😁

19 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

The red adaptor I ordered came in could I get some help loading and settint it up?

Thanks,

When you installed the drivers for the Black one, it should have done all flavors(The reason, is you install the drivers Before you connect any adapter, so it does them all).

Just attach it, Use the HU to discover all adapters: DO NOT click that use this for show button, that ONLY sets Regular) Note the Com ports (this one should be a higher number.

Attach the controllers you want on RED., click Refresh near the top: you should soon see them.

Next step is to use the Network Preferences tool on the light bulb to configure the Speed, com port for AuxA.

Last is to adjust each sequence.I don't use 3.x, so it may be different). In the SE on each sequence , Tools: Channel configuration: Click Change controller (button): do that for each controller on the list to move to the new network: select AuxA

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Like I said, plug it in.  😁

Believe or not, it is that simple as Mr. P stated above in the quoted text

1 hour ago, tbuff23 said:

I wish it was that simple 

Believe or not, it is that simple as Mr. P stated above in the quoted text from him. 

You just plug it in and then set it up using the Network Configuration program, Red adapter is usually set to 500K, Aux A and most likely Enhanced is checked, this works for all Gen 3 and most RGB Controllers.

You will have to modify EVERY sequence to accommodate the changes in the network for everything to work!

1 minute ago, Orville said:

Believe or not, it is that simple as Mr. P stated above in the quoted text

Believe or not, it is that simple as Mr. P stated above in the quoted text from him. 

You just plug it in and then set it up using the Network Configuration program, Red adapter is usually set to 500K, Aux A and most likely Enhanced is checked, this works for all Gen 3 and most RGB Controllers.

You will have to modify EVERY sequence to accommodate the changes in the network for everything to work!

He can also Export/ Import the Network Config the same as you can the Master Channel Config. Less work that way.

I am looking at his software version 3.... depending on the CCB's shouldn't he need 4.3.16 or something like that? Just asking since he is having problems.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

He can also Export/ Import the Network Config the same as you can the Master Channel Config. Less work that way.

I am looking at his software version 3.... depending on the CCB's shouldn't he need 4.3.16 or something like that? Just asking since he is having problems.

JR

You're right J.R.  He needs to upgrade to S4 for the RGB stuff, I think RGB may be able to work in S3, but I seem to recall most often the preferred software is S4 or S5 {I wouldn't go S5 until after the season}, if he's having issues with S3, S5 would be an even bigger headache with how everything is different in that version.

A Pro License and S4 is what I'd recommend, then he may be able to get things working a lot easier. Or at least an Advanced License, Pro just offers a lot more possibilities and flexibility when running RGB Pixels.

And I think the Pixcon 16 is the only one that requires a PRO License to operate{I think that's what I read about it when I looked at it}, but I don't think he's using that controller.

9 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

V4.3.34 PRO is what I am running do I need to change it? I run the HU and it states found 0 units.

You don't need to change it you just need to update your profile so we can see it.