Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC troubleshooting

Bumble

Hello all,

I am almost done setting up my pixie controllers and am now moving  on to my CTB16PC.  

The CTB16PC powers on and gives a green blinking light. 

I tried setting the unit Id with the HU.  It was the only controller networked at the time. HU does not find the unit.  I have tried this on two different com ports and with two different HS adapters. I have tried different network speeds and enhanced and normal.  I know my cat5 cable is good. No luck. 

So if there is a link that has the entire troubleshooting process, I would be greatful for a link or any help 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Bumble said:

Hello all,

I am almost done setting up my pixie controllers and am now moving  on to my CTB16PC.  

The CTB16PC powers on and gives a green blinking light. 

I tried setting the unit Id with the HU.  It was the only controller networked at the time. HU does not find the unit.  I have tried this on two different com ports and with two different HS adapters. I have tried different network speeds and enhanced and normal.  I know my cat5 cable is good. No luck. 

So if there is a link that has the entire troubleshooting process, I would be greatful for a link or any help 

Thank you!

in the upper right hand area, be sure "max unit id" is set higher than what your highest unit # was set to.

lower left hand, set "change existing id" to "any unit"

edit - just noticed you are version 5.2 ---- I may be all washed up as I'm still using 4....

Edited by Mega Arch

I am getting a blinking network light for 10 seconds then holds solid for about 10 seconds. Has anybody heard of network issues with S5 

I am using S5.  I have not seen a blinking pattern that you describe.  I am still not able to get the HU to see the controller.  Just sent in a help ticket to LOR.  I will let you know if I find out anything useful.  The g3 users manual does not list that blink pattern.  Sorry I could not be of help.

Thanks, I was able to hook up a phone line to the third jack and get my 16 channel controllers working.  I still cannot see all of them in the HU but they are working.  Pixie tree still not working but it's starting to rain.  I will follow this conversation in case LOR helps you out.

No, It appears the the two of my 16 channel controller had the cat5 cable jack damaged when I tripped over the wire.  So that problem is identified.  Still troubleshooting the mini pixel tree. I don't see any network light at all.

1 hour ago, Bumble said:

Hi Frank.

Any ideas on repairing the cat 5 jacks?

Try the RJ11 phone jack.

If you have a controller with only one working jack, put it at the end of the line.

5 hours ago, Bumble said:

I have not moved any jumpers, but I would still love to know where they should be.

Should be on pins 4 & 5

I just wanted to let everybody know, I have identified a bad board as my last problem.  I had thought there may be a software glitch with networking in S5 but every problem turned out to be hardware  :(

Update:  The help desk had me move jumpers around to reset the CTB.  No luck.  I am planning to get a rj11 to rj45 converter this week and some rj45 jacks as well.  I will try the converter first, if that does not work I will ask LOR about warranty repair vs doing it myself.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

I have not moved any jumpers, but I would still love to know where they should be.

• The topic was locked