Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR/Pixies not working in my display

AC760

Alan (and everyone)!

I too am having almost the same issue. My 8 windows running CCR's (powered by two Pixies 4) wont fire during my display. I followed almost ever step verbatim but no joy. I've confirmed that its a configuration error but I don't know where.  My 16 and 4 channel CTB work perfect. I also do not receive any conflicts within S5 Pro "Prop Define" window.

I upgraded to S5 in June and started learning but am still behind the curve. I Had everything backed up but my backup was corrupted, then my SSD crashed so I lost everything!

What screenshots are most helpful?

*Edit* It dawned me after I posted this, that these strings could contain 60 LEDs, do they?

Austin,

It looks like you have the ending circuits wrong on your two Pixie4's. If these are 50 LED's per string, then the following pictures will show the issue and how to resolve it.

If they are not 50 LED pixel strings, then what are they? That's what matters.

Let me know if this helps,

Alan...

austin1.png

austin2.png

austin3.png

Edited by default

Alan,

There are 50 LED strings.  I made the changes to reflect the above numbers unfortunately there was no change, the CCR's in my windows did not fire.

Are you sure you setup the 2 Pixie correctly? Can you verify by hooking up just the first Pixie4 with a starting Unit of 10 to Hardware Editor and verifying it does have a starting number of 10,  then hook up the second Pixie4 (by itself) and verify it has a starting Unit ID of 16?

If either of these Pixies4 don't report back the correct Unit ID numbers, use dibblejrs guide to installing Pixies.

If they do report back the correct numbers, open a New Animation and apply the Bars Effect to the props on each line. Save that sequence and run it, does anythin come on?

Alan...

OK they both came back with the correct ID's, I am currently creating a new animation and dropping the CCR's onto it, then I will apply the Bar and test via the G3-mp3. and report back.

Question, In dibblejr write up it outlines that pixies should use enhance network ( steps 33 and 34 ), should I change mine? Mine is currently is NOT however, I changed it earlier but it didn't make help.

Again,

THANK YOU!

Ok to your original task:

" If they do report back the correct numbers, open a New Animation and apply the Bars Effect to the props on each line. Save that sequence and run it, does anything come on? "

Yes it worked doing as you said.

-How does that translate into my current SEQ's, since mine are Musical not Animation?

-What do I need to change in all of my SEQ;'s to replicate this, short of starting over again for the third time?

Thank you

Ok good, forward progress. Try adding some effects to your non-rgb props (leaving the windows the way they are) do other props and the windows light?

I'm trying to understand if this a connection problem, or a sequencing issue.

Ah hah! At least we have narrowed it down to sequencing.

I am tinkering with your sequence, I am working with Carol of the Bells. Open that file, then Save as (something like Test Carol), the close all sequences, then open Test Carol and delete the effects from windows and put the bar effect on them just to test, everything good. yes?

I am not sure what changed?  So that I dont run into this issue again later?

Is it safe to copy my SEQ's? Since I dont actually know what configuration was changed, I dont know how to proceed.

Try playing your original Carol of the Bells on the lights. Maybe a cable was loose or something. I'm was thinking it is the way you used the colorwash effect (incorrectly) but the fix is not what you are going to want hear and it would be nice to check one more time that the original sequence is wonky.

well everything work! I copied the effects back over to the test SEQ (that we have been using) and everything including the windows work! I dont know why or how but they are.

I guess I will create new SEQ then copy over the effects (rinse and repeat) and hope it continues?

What is your thought on the enhance network. Should I be using it for my setup?

Thanks,

I was thinking it was Colorwash effect you used, but it didn't make any sense in why it wouldn't work the way you had it. So... my new guess is that changing the End Circuit on the windows props had to be done, also by disconnecting the controllers (powering down, thus reseting the controllers) and checking they had the correct Unit ID's maybe a cable got put back in tighter. dunno...

Depending on the Gen version of your CTB16, it may run on an enhanced network, According to the LOR doc's the CTB04 and the Pixies are all capable of running on a 500K Enhanced Network. Hook up your CTB16 by itself and see what the Gen Version is. If it is a Gen 3, then you may have to update the firmware to make it work on a Enhanced Network.

Everything is working, that's good. On with the Show!

I have some hints for creating for creating Groups of props if your interested. If so I'll make a gif movie tommorrow that will walk you thru it.

Alan...