Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights wont work using simple show builder.

notredameforlife

I converted my songs to .lms files and I can now see them in simple show builder. I have the right time, date and I enable the schedule. I get a blue and white light on the bottom right but my lights don't lite up. Whats weird is I can hear the music from my songs on my computer but the lights wont lite up. I can play my songs in sequence editor using the loredit file but I cant program them from a show. I then tried to use show editor and schedule editor but it keeps telling me I got a show at that time . I am stressing over this and I don't even know if I want to finish hanging my lights since I cant get them to play in a show. Thanks all. 

Yes sir, I tried to use schedule editor, the hub, and simple show builder. The only thing that happens is I hear the audio for my songs but it doesn't work. My lights work perfectly in sequence editor but when I try to program a show all I get is audio. I get a blue light on the bottom right and I have the schedule enabled. 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Here's a clue. It seems that your drivers for the USB adapter is either not installed or corrupt, try reinstalling the drivers. The driver can be found here, near the bottom of the page.

error.png

Alan...

8 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

I am not using a usb adaptor I am plugging it with ethernet cord to my pc 

It's my understanding that you need the LOR usb adaptor to plug the ethernet cable into.

Depending on the controller that can be a problem .

Also according to your first paragraph clear your schedule.

If it’s telling you “you have a show” you need to remove it.

At least you are receiving that error.

JR

We need to know what controllers you have and how you are connecting them. 

You must not confuse Ethernet with LOR RS485 connections, or the magic smoke may escape.

I am using holiday coro controllers. I use ethernet cord that goes to my computer to a router to my boxes. Yesterday I just connected the ethernet cord from my computer straight to holiday coro box. I am using all smart rgb lights.

PLEASE, PLEASE stop refereing to the CAT5 cable as an Ethernet cable. That confuses many , into thinking that they CAN plug it (the controller) into a 802.3 router.

CAT5, CAT5 can be used for ISDN, Token Ring and many more.

Most LOR controllers are RS485 (serial) only. AFAIK only the Pixcon 16 has an Ethernet port (metal covered)

Holiday coro boxes are different then lightorama boxes. I have 10 lightorama boxes but I am so far behind that I am not going to use any of them nor did I program my songs to include led lights to mix with my smart lights. I have all dmx channels. I can send my songs I programmed to anyone and yal are welcome to keep them I have a couple good ones programmed but it doesn't do me much good right now, thanks for all yals help to. 

I am sorry I thought it was a ethernet cable I didn't realize it was a cat5 cable. I am not using any lightorama boxes this year. I am only using holidaycoro boxes which you can plug straight from your computer to the controller. I can play my songs in sequence editor with no issues but I cant play them with simple show builder which is weird. 

4 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

I am sorry I thought it was a ethernet cable I didn't realize it was a cat5 cable. I am not using any lightorama boxes this year. I am only using holidaycoro boxes which you can plug straight from your computer to the controller. I can play my songs in sequence editor with no issues but I cant play them with simple show builder which is weird. 

Yours sounds like it IS being used FOR Ethernet, but it is still better to refer to it as the CAT5 plugged into  device x

You might need to configure Network Preferences for DMX (Sorry, I can't help with that step)

Edited by TheDucks

Do you at least understand how this thread went off the rails?

In your first post you did not mention anything about Holiday Coro Boxes, that sent everybody down the wrong path trying to help you. Almost a full day later, we are now finding out what your system consist of. In future PLEASE start with that info and any other revelant info, if would be very helpful for us trying to help you.

Alan...

• Like 1

I am sorry about it going off rails, I am super frustrated since I cant get it to work and a big reason I am into xmas lights is bc of my mom she loves it. She is not doing to good so I got a lot on my mind right now.,  I didn't think it mattered what boxes I had since I can get it to play in sequence editor and not simple show builder. I have my network preferences set for dmx.  

Now appreciate everyones help but any idea of what can be going wrong. Yesterday I had to play one song on sequence editor and loop it and every once in a while change the song. It would be nice to use simple show builder or the hub. thanks. 

9 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

Now appreciate everyones help but any idea of what can be going wrong. Yesterday I had to play one song on sequence editor and loop it and every once in a while change the song. It would be nice to use simple show builder or the hub. thanks. 

I never had any luck with SSB. Use the scheduler it’s more reliable - IMO

JR

I will try again, but the past two days I tried all three. I erased the schedule I had and tried the scheduler and it didn't work. I have no idea whats going on I never had any issues using SSB the last couple years. 

Hmmm I live in new orleans, Free mardi gras beads galore to person who can help lol, also got frozen crawfish patties, best thing in world when you fry them

7 hours ago, notredameforlife said:

Hmmm I live in new orleans, Free mardi gras beads galore to person who can help lol, also got frozen crawfish patties, best thing in world when you fry them

When I was pulling my hair out at Halloween with what sounds like the exact same issue Phil Massey suggested that I export my sequence “compressed” because I was transferring from seq laptop to Show computer.

That cleared up my issue until i loaded a Thriller seq at show time. 

Thats when I found the schedule error.

Im not sure if S5 or not but in S4 maybe try saving seq as compressed and use that to create the show.

If you search for my Halloween thread it is quite long you will see, we even through the kitchen sink at the problem.

Best of luck

JR