Light-O-Rama Forums

16x25 Pixel Tress issues

HLE

I had just two residential controllers and a 16x25 pixel tree. Last year I had the same issue of getting my computer to talk to the tree. After Brian remotely accessed my computer and did a few things, everything worked. This year, I added 4 more controllers so I went in and changed all the channels in SuperStar to get to what I thought I needed to be. I changed the tree controller I’d to 09 and added the 12 channels in SuperStar. Now nothing happens on the tree. I go into visualizer and change everything in there and when I go to load the visualizer into SuperStar, I get 3 different error messages about how ribbon 5 first light isn’t in the system and some other and then everything is messed up. Does anyone have any clue what to do??

The error messages are telling you useful information.  At least it will get you pointed in the right direction.

Just wondering if it all worked last year, why did you change the Unit IDs for the working Pixel Tree?  Likely should have only added the four new controllers an leave the working stuff from last year alone.

If you send me the Visualization file, I can take a look and see if I see anything wrong.  Include in the E-Mail, what you have all the controller IDs set for and enough information that I can determine if it's all correct.  For example, I have a spreadsheet of all  my channels.  If you have a similar listing, include that.  My E-Mail is:  jim at k6ccc dot org (obviously in normal E-Mail address format).

the tree when it losses power, resets itself back to controller id 1. I had it set as controller id 3 but this year we added 4 more 16 channel controllers so with the sequencing in some of the songs we had, we had a controller 3 for the 16 channels. We went to go change the tree controller to id 7 and then went into SuperStar and that’s when all hell broke loose. I’ll email you what I can and make a quick spreadsheet of what I have and what the error codes are. The email address will be from giggly_jam at hotmail dot com 

14 minutes ago, HLE said:

the tree when it losses power, resets itself back to controller id 1.

I am going to assume that it's a Pixie 16 controller with dip switches to set the ID, but you used the Hardware Utility to set the ID.  You either set the ID with the dip switches, OR set the dip switches to all off and then use the HU to set the ID.  Out of the box, they are set to ID 01

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I am going to assume that it's a Pixie 16 controller with dip switches to set the ID, but you used the Hardware Utility to set the ID.  You either set the ID with the dip switches, OR set the dip switches to all off and then use the HU to set the ID.  Out of the box, they are set to ID 01

Its actually a Pixie 8D controller. I am just about to send you that email

Just now, HLE said:

Its actually a Pixie 8D controller. I am just about to send you that email

I would assume the same dip switch situation applies.

Please read the “Pixie16 set up step by step” tutorial in the General Hardware section. It’s pasted at the top of the page.

It will be the same for all pixies only different number of unit IDs depending on model.

JR

• The topic was locked