Light-O-Rama Forums

Funny setup glitches

ItsMeBobO

Does anyone have a setup story to tell?  

I have a groaner on vampire cords.    In Summer I made some cords for some globe lights.  They were are mounted 12 feet in the air.    When I went to plug them in I found I had made one of the dozen wrong and it had two male ends!  12 feet down to the spares and back up to change out the plug.  When I back got up there I found the vampire had NO TEETH!   It was a defective plug and I had to go back down to retrieve a second replacement.  After that I thought I was ready to power up but found I had smashed the other end with the ladder.   This was just too funny to not post about it.   

Double male at 12 feet

Double%20male%20at%2012feet.jpg

Flacid male and Toothless Vampire. 

ToothlessVampire.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not quite that bad.  I converted some pathway Snowmen to 12V LED (1/2" PVC pipe with 4 ww strips hot glued on). I climbed up on the roof and placed them around the Chimney. <Slap> forgot the HC (system I use) 5'cord. Back down, grab the cord, climb back up. %^&* I grabbed a  3 pin one. Back down for the 4 pin version  for dumb RGB (each snowman is on a 'color' circuit) Spring chicken, Iain't.  Aleve time

In early Oct. I hung some props off one of the rain gutters and forgot that I left the plug down in the gutter.  Of course we got some snow which then melted into the gutter and refroze again.  Went to plug in the prop last week and the plug was completely encased in a block of ice!

137000661_Frozen1.jpg.5852024e8105df9a027b4bca00a1e141.jpg

It took about 5 minutes with an industrial heat gun to melt out enough of the ice to get the plug out.

not really funny glitches but we had a few missing bulbs causing partial string outages and one missing bulb socket... I guess that could have been funny had I touched the live wire while ten feet in the air on a metal ladder! 💀

nl7t4M7m.jpg

• Like 1

• The topic was locked