Light-O-Rama Forums
Homuncio

MegaTree Help - Is SuperStar only way?

I've tried searching the forums and am not finding answers that are helpful. I purchased a 16 ribbon AlphaPix megatree this year to replace my old LED strands. I'm struggling with the process of sequencing the cool effects I see on other sequences (faces, scrolling text, etc). I've purchased one premade sequence to try and learn from it, but it's just feeling like a mountain I can't climb. Is it really impossible to do this without SuperStar or switching to S5 (or other software)? Any help or advice is appreciated! Or any other sequences I could try to learn from would be a big help too. I have 15ish songs to update.

-Jon

You CAN sequence a mega pixel tree in Sequence Editor - if you’re into self abuse, but either SuperStar or Pixel Editor will be FAR easier.  Personally, I use SuperStar for essentially all my sequences.  SS is an extra cost add on, whereas PE is included, but requires a Pro level license to use.

3 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

You can sequence that tree in the pixel editor fairly easy .

I have really struggled with figuring out pixel editor. I think I've got 6 years of the normal Sequence Editor ingrained in my brain that it's making it seem harder than it probably is.