Light-O-Rama Forums

Cord mess

I sort of wish the channel plugs were longer. Every year I end up with a mess of cables at the bottom of my controllers. Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean it up some?  I’ve tried zip ties. I’ve even thought of having my electrical friends put longer pigtails on them 

Since I make my own extension cords for each channel, I have the lengths right where I need them.

Without seeing what you're talking about, it's kinda hard to make a suggestion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HLE said:

I sort of wish the channel plugs were longer. Every year I end up with a mess of cables at the bottom of my controllers. Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean it up some?  I’ve tried zip ties. I’ve even thought of having my electrical friends put longer pigtails on them 

Most of us are glad they’re short. Keeps the plug connection off the ground cutting down on gfci nuisance tripping. 

Your mess probably doesn’t show up at night when your show is running anyway. 

• Like 1

I will admit that during the day my show looks a hot mess with cables and wires going everywhere but my show is also not a walk thru. However, at night when it gets dark and you can't see the cables and wire, that is when the magic happens. I have to be honest, if your only complaint is a little messy cables I would call myself lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I will admit that during the day my show looks a hot mess with cables and wires going everywhere but my show is also not a walk thru. However, at night when it gets dark and you can't see the cables and wire, that is when the magic happens. I have to be honest, if your only complaint is a little messy cables I would call myself lucky.

What the......magic?  You got David Copperfield consulting for you or something?

💡 Don't coil excess cable at the controller end.  That's what they made bushes and props for. Spread out your 'hidey holes' for the excess

22 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

What the......magic?  You got David Copperfield consulting for you or something?

Yes, magic. If you drive by during the day people swear it is a conctruction zone. However, when they return at night their expression changes, their eyes brighten, frowns turn into smiles, the ooohs and the ahhhs, it can can only be called magic.

Don't we all provide a little of that Christmas magic? I mean this is what it's all about.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

There's a guy not far from my house that has this monstrosity over top of his 6 foot privacy fence. Lumber, chicken wire and light strings by day....and the coolest looking giant reindeer at night with only it's head, antlers and front feet overlooking the top of the fence.

Magic, indeed! 

• Like 1