Light-O-Rama Forums

Going Dark in 2019

EARLE W. TALLEY

Due to my legs giving out with the rest of my body this will be my last year for the display. I have some spare items that I can let go now if someone needs them. 2 - CTB16PC GEN 3 controllers (newer box and one power cord) $175 + shipping, 1 - CTB16PC GEN 3 (COMPLETE in unopened BOX) $165 + shipping,  EDM Transmitter $175 + shipping ( this was my backup, used once for a project), LOR Mini Director with MP3 Player (newer version NEW in BOX) $75 + shipping. After the season all of my items will be for sale. At present time there are 19 Gen 3 controllers in use along with about 40,000 led lights. My display has not changed from 2016, the videos can be  seen here. Thank You.

www.vimeo.com/user2854453/videos

• Sad 2

I would like the 2 gen 3 16 channel controllers, and am interested in the unopened one as well.

Sending a private message

Thanks

Awesome spiral trees Earle.  I remember seeing videos several years ago and appreciating the work and art and talent that went into them.    We and your neighbors are going to miss your beautiful display.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Due to my legs giving out with the rest of my body this will be my last year for the display. I have some spare items that I can let go now if someone needs them. 2 - CTB16PC GEN 3 controllers (newer box and one power cord) $175 + shipping, 1 - CTB16PC GEN 3 (COMPLETE in unopened BOX) $165 + shipping,  EDM Transmitter $175 + shipping ( this was my backup, used once for a project), LOR Mini Director with MP3 Player (newer version NEW in BOX) $75 + shipping. After the season all of my items will be for sale. At present time there are 19 Gen 3 controllers in use along with about 40,000 led lights. My display has not changed from 2016, the videos can be  seen here. Thank You.

www.vimeo.com/user2854453/videos

Earle,

I don't play on the forums much anymore, but wanted to log in and say I am sorry to see you go.

I have enjoyed your work as well and you will be missed.

Greg

Edited by gsmith37064

Sorry to hear about your health issues causing your display to go dark in 2019 Earle.  You have been an inspiration to many folks on this forum with your projects and display.  It will be missed by all, even though some of us have only seen it in your videos, it's always been a marvelous display.

I hope I can keep doing this for at least another 5 years before I have to go dark, I missed out on 5, almost 6 years with no display when my Brother-in-Law passed away and we couldn't keep the power on in the house.  We just got it back this past summer 2018.

But my vision has worsened lately, already legally blind, and that's gotten a little worse recently.   As well as other medical issues that could affect me doing this in the near future.  

Practically deaf too, but the neighbors love the display and I'm going to try and keep it going for as long as I can, just hope I can.   And I just finally got to add Smart Pixel RGB lighting this year and everyone is loving those lights, they all want to know where they can buy them.  But when I tell them how they work, they're not too keen on them after that. ROFL  They thought they could just plug them in and they do all those fancy effects by a remote unit or phone application via Bluetooth. ROFLMBO

My neighbors are really surprised I even put up a display at all like this with my medical issues.  But I've tried to never let those stop me in the past, but as I get older, seems to just get a bit worse and worse until one day you just have to finally call an end to things like putting up displays like we do,

So I'm {and I'm sure others here as well are} really sad to see you go, always enjoyed your display videos and even though I never got to see it in person, Your display was awesome.

Edited by Orville
fix punctuation, and mispelled words.

really sorry to see you go Earl;  I haven't done much the last few years but you were a great help for me in the past; take care and good luck

Thank you all for the kind words, I thought about this for a long time before I made my decision, but not only me but my wife is losing her short term memory and needs my care as well. Seems like I'm losing mind all so - just old age i guess.

Anyway all of the spare controllers have been sold. The EDM transmitter and MINI Director are still available.    

• Like 1

Earle

just like to say thank you for all the sharing you have done over the past years and never refused a request for your sequences  it's people like you that have helped me stay in this hobby Best of luck to you and your wife

Earle, 

Thank you so much for being patient with me and my crazy life and for sending those controllers my way! I will be sure to think of you and your wonderful display every year as I grow mine. 

I wish you and your wife all the best! 

Marc, you are welcome, as your display expands and I'm sure it will over the years you will see why this hobby grows on you. I had very time walking away from it, this is why I'm selling some stuff now so I don't change my mind (i know I can't my old body) . Good luck and thank you

Earle

• Like 1

Earl,

I would again like to thank you for all of the time you gave me last season to help me get my spiral tree up and running.

I could never repay you for that. You will be missed my friend. Call or email me anytime.

Joe

Thanks Joe, glad I could help you, since you gave me your version of DREAMS of FIRE FLIES.

Earle

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

• 4 weeks later...

I too am sad to hear your closing down your display.  You've been a great help to many of us.

If you're still trying to get rid of your fm transmitter PM me with the model number.

It's sad to see you will be ending your awesome display. You helped me get started several years and saved me a lot of frustration for sure! Your help with our spiral tree made it one of the best displays in our area. With that being said I would be interested in the lights and the star for 2 of the trees when all is said and done. Let me know if this would be possible and we can take it from there. I hope you have a great holiday.

Rob

Always glad to help someone. The stars are 3D and about 2-2/12 ft. in size the cost to ship them would not be cheap. All of the large things like the stars, snowflakes, starbursts, and mini trees will have to be picked up, all other things can be broken down and shipped. Hope this helps you and others looking for items for next year.

Thank You

Earle

7 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Always glad to help someone. The stars are 3D and about 2-2/12 ft. in size the cost to ship them would not be cheap. All of the large things like the stars, snowflakes, starbursts, and mini trees will have to be picked up, all other things can be broken down and shipped. Hope this helps you and others looking for items for next year.

Thank You

Earle

Sorry to hear about your health Mr. Earle.  I'm a newbie here and am just getting started in this hobby.  Can you please tell me how your mini-trees are made?  How much are you asking for them?  Thank you sir.

Carl