Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with CCP tree!

DCHMRT

Help please! Got everything setup today and went to run a test sequence and now my CCP tree won’t run! 

I double checked all my connections and in the hardware utility it finds the controllers but won’t let me test.

When turning on the CCPs they flash green and then go solid like they see the computer. 

What am I doing wrong? I’m sure I’m missing something obvious....

Are you saying the HWU {Hardware Utility} won't let you test the lights or you can't get it to work in a sequence you created?  Or both?  Also we need to know type controller used for the CCP tree {Are they LOR Controllers or some else's?}, Network settings {Network Speed {57.6K, 500K, 1000K?}, What Network {Standard, Aux ?}, Enhanced or Not Enhanced?   Are you using E1.31?  DMX?

A little more info here will help us help you get things working. 

As then those with experience with what you may be using will be better able to offer suggestions and answers to get that CCP tree up and operational.

Thanks! I figured it out even though I traced the wires back 3 times somehow I crossed them at usb. I think it was just being overtired and trying to rush things along! 

Glad you got it figured out.   I learned a very long time ago, if I'm tired, it's best to stop and either take a nap or relax for a couple hours by watching videos of others Christmas Displays online.  Or a movie on a DVD, then get back to it after I get my brain disengaged from thinking too much when doing this hobby.  When I kept plugging at it, I'd make mistakes, and that in turn could allow the magic smoke to get out of things if I really fouled something up incorrectly!   And yes, from time to time I've let the magic smoke out of a thing here or there over many years.

So now, when I get tired, I leave it alone for a few hours and then come back to it.  No serious mistakes in years now, but occasionally I'll foul up a sequence if I keep working at it for too long and then have to fix it. LOL 

But I can live with that kind of mistake, however letting the magic smoke out, now that can end up costing extra money sometimes.

• The topic was locked