Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting a "can't find media file" for all of my purchased sequences

Aaron Brandon

I' a newbie that just purchased a LOR 32 channel basic software package setup from Wow Lights Productions. It came with 5 pre-made sequences that I downloaded from their website. Whenever I open one of them in the sequence editor and click the "play" button I get an error box that says "can't find media file". I have re-downloaded all of the sequences and double checked the file location. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm sure it has to be something very simple. 

11 hours ago, Aaron Brandon said:

I' a newbie that just purchased a LOR 32 channel basic software package setup from Wow Lights Productions. It came with 5 pre-made sequences that I downloaded from their website. Whenever I open one of them in the sequence editor and click the "play" button I get an error box that says "can't find media file". I have re-downloaded all of the sequences and double checked the file location. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm sure it has to be something very simple. 

When you purchased the sequence did the media file come with it? Many places that sell sequences do not include the media file because the songs are copyrighted and they don't have the license to sell the music. Instead they usually have a link to where you can purchase the song for the sequence. If the music was purchased with the sequence then as Don stated you need to link the musid to the sequence using the steps he laid out.

Thank you guys! I finally figured it out. For some reason the sequence file and the associated audio file were stored in different locations. Like Don suggested, I was able to go to the edit tab and then media file, then I could search for the actual audio file use it.