Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB-16KV6 differences and is firmware upgrade required.

jcdammeyer

It's been 3 years since I've had the opportunity to set up lighting but this year I think I'll have the time.  Can't find the the DMX cables that go from my iDMX1000 but the old WIN-XP still boots up (needed new coin cell) and my Pro License for 5 PCs is still in place.  But looking on the Lightorama web site the CTB-16KV6 doesn't seem to be there  (the V6 part).  The assembly manual is Version 2.03 from 15FEB2007.  I never did install the switches or EEROM for stand alone shows. 

My show software CDs are marked 2.5.2 and 4.2.6 and I upgraded to a five seat license on 15NOV2009 and the 4.2.10 Pro level 30NOV2015.  The email when I upgraded said I would be able to up date to 4.9 or anything newer up to 30NOV2016.

I've downloaded 4.4.0 so I'm assuming it fits the criteria but haven't tried it yet. 

The question is, do I need to update the firmware in my CTB-16kV6 and what exactly is different between it and the newer CTB-16 series. 

It is my understanding that the kits are not high speed or enhanced network capable. With many of LORs newest equiment (mainly pixels) you will need the higher speed and enhanced network so you may need to have a seperate network for your kit boards.

• 1 year later...

HMMMMM  over the last three years I have built four ctb 16 kits , they all work great , will be building one or two more.spring sale ! Question is what version are these kits, I see no info on the boards,they all have the red led. I run only leds, no pixels or rgb, an dont plan to. 

David

Yet another year went buy with the LOR gear still in the boxes.  But as I head toward retirement and try to extract myself from work-work (not easy) I want to start in the spring to build for the fall.  And so I'm also interested in more ctb16 kits.

Ah  Retirement, hoping for that late fall, just turned 70 , 52 years in the  high end audio biz is enough !!!!

David

I'm doing embedded systems which include CAN bus.  The picture of the rings behind me holds the record for the second largest CAN bus system in the world with 750 nodes.  The larges is shown on my web site with over 1500 nodes.   www.autoartisans.com

Main project that I swore I'd finish before I restart any others is CNC on my milling machine.