Light-O-Rama Forums

Vertical Matrix - Wiring Order Issue

bbrescia

I have a post made up of 4 vertical rows of 30 RGB nodes on each row - starting position is bottom left. When I use the "bars" effect with highlighting, I expect to see a moving row of 4 white lights - all moving down the post together (see attached mp4). Instead, on the real prop itself, I get first row white highlight moving down, second one moving up, third moving down and fourth one moving up. I've attached the appropriate files - what am I doing wrong?

Post Wiring Order.png

Prop Def - Post.jpg

Hi Mr. P - using a HolidayCoro AlphaPix 16 controller. Same port for entire string series because 30 x 4 = 120 total RGB nodes so no need for different ports. Bob

I think I may have found it - in S5, they use "folds" as a term to mean a string folds over into the other direction - but same string.

3 hours ago, bbrescia said:

I think I may have found it - in S5, they use "folds" as a term to mean a string folds over into the other direction - but same string.

Folds, that is why I was asking about the controller. An alphapix can do folds but a pixie cannot. You can also program the folds in the alphapix configuration menu.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

An alphapix can do folds but a pixie cannot.

Just to clarify, there are 2 approaches: you can configure folds (zig-zag) in the controller, or you can configure it in Prop Definition in the Sequencer (but don't do both!). You are correct that the Alphapix supports configuring folds in the controller and the Pixie does not. But with either one, you can use the approach of configuring folds in Prop Definition.

Matt

Thanks Matt and Mr. P - and that's how I realized my error. I prefer to do the design of a prop totally in the S5 definition. Bob

2 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Just to clarify, there are 2 approaches: you can configure folds (zig-zag) in the controller, or you can configure it in Prop Definition in the Sequencer (but don't do both!). You are correct that the Alphapix supports configuring folds in the controller and the Pixie does not. But with either one, you can use the approach of configuring folds in Prop Definition.

Matt

Matt, does this apply in S4 PE or is this a S5 thing only?

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Matt, does this apply in S4 PE or is this a S5 thing only?

It applies to the Pixel Editor as well.

Matt

• Thanks 1