Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller not working

mwl313

I purchased 2 controller used off ebay, they have the one power cord removed with a jumper wire. My issue is when in Hardware Utility light console the lights will not turn on. 

I hit auto config. and it says device found in comm 3. I hit refresh unit config and it finds the device 03 which is what i changed the unit ID to.  The red light stops blinking with hardware utility so the controller is being found.

Does anyone have any idea to why both controllers will not turn lights on. i tested my other unit and it works fine. 

KNOW what your other controllers are set to for ID numbers. (the ones you had BEFORE you got these extra ones).

UNPLUG ALL CONTROLLERS, NOW,  plug only ONE "new to you" controller in, and set the ID to something that is currently NOT USED, then unplug THAT controller.

NOW PLUG THE "OTHER" 'NEW TO YOU" CONTROLLER IN, AND set it's ID, again, to some unit number that is not currently being used.

YES, I know the caps lock was on.............( I have my reasons)

Auto config discovers your RS 485  Dongle. Since you already have that configured, all you need is to click REFRESH  to discover units.

💡 Set the MAX ID to  something just outside your license level to speed discovery.  IIRC Basic+ is 4 setting at F allows 12 more simple controllers. with out a lot of wait.

LOR  License ID's are pretty much used sequentially (they are NOT per seat type) until you get to the Advanced an Pro level, where you have so many counts, you can skip some.  YOU must use ID's 1.2.3.4 until you bump your license level

14 hours ago, mwl313 said:

I purchased 2 controller used off ebay, they have the one power cord removed with a jumper wire. My issue is when in Hardware Utility light console the lights will not turn on. 

I hit auto config. and it says device found in comm 3. I hit refresh unit config and it finds the device 03 which is what i changed the unit ID to.  The red light stops blinking with hardware utility so the controller is being found.

Does anyone have any idea to why both controllers will not turn lights on. i tested my other unit and it works fine. 

Dumb question.  Are telling the HU to turn on the lights?  Refer to this screen capture:

HU_Control%20outputs.png

The red arrow allows you to select the network.  Most people only have one, so this never needs to change.  I have three.  Comm 4 is my Aux A network.  Then press Refresh (the brown arrow).  After the refresh, your controllers will be listed in the dropdown at the green arrow.  You can see that it found 5 controllers after doing a refresh.  You can select which ever controller you want from the dropdown.  I have selected unit ID 13.    Select the channel or channels that you want to test using the check boxes in the grey oval - or use the All button to the right of the check boxes.  It will default to all of them.  At the light blue arrow, select the light mode.  Steady is just that - on solid.  Twinkle is a semi-random flashing, and Shimmer is a rapid flickering.  Last step is to turn the lights with the buttons at the purple arrow.

Did that help?

• The topic was locked