Light-O-Rama Forums

Can’t flip RGB strip

Bry

I’m having an issue with one RGB strip and the starting pixel. It is configured to start at the left but it acts like the first pixel is on that right. I’ve tried switching the starting pixel and I’ve even created new animations to test out the direction and it’s still flipped. I’ve verified the strip connector is installed on the correct side and everything else is seems to be working correctly. Currently running 5.2. 

Edited by Bry
Added sw version

Bry,

Is the strip in a group? if so how is it arranged? what is the effect you are trying create? It would easier for me to look at it, than rely on your explantion. No offense but a lot of times little important things get missed in the back and forth text.

If your want you can either post your preview here or PM me for my email address and you can it directly to me. I will look at it for you. I'll need to know what strip you are refering to

If you want to do this, create a New Animation Sequence (no music) add a couple of effects in Motion Effects, save the Sequence, and then either upload it here or email it to me (as explained above)

A very nice feature of S5, is that when you share a Sequence, you are also sharing your props and setup. This makes it easier for people to help you troubleshoot issues.

Alan...

Got the file. Looking at someone else's Preview can be confusing. I copied your preview, then using that copy eliminated everything except the Bottom Roof Strips just to make it easier to zero in on those props. Thats why in the gif below just shows those props.

From what I understand of your issue, is you have switched starting points of bottom roof 1DMX2 from left to right, and from right to left and either starting point plays fine in sequencer, but out on the house with live lights bottom roof 1DMX2 still runs backwards from the other bottom roof 1DMX3, bottom roof 1DMX4 ,and  bottom roof 1DMX5. Is this correct?

The reason I ask is that when looking at your prop setup is that bottom roof 1DMX2 has a Left starting point as opposed to the other 3 strings which all have a starting point of Right. Is this the issue or is it just the way you last tried before making and sending the animation sequence? The gif below shows what I am asking about.

Is this isn't the issue, I am trying to verify that. There are other things to try but I need to be clear on this.

Alan...

Also if you follow this thread (upper right hand corner, top of thread) you can get an email as soon as I or someone else post a response here.

bry1.gif

Edited by default

My controller sits in between that first and second string which is why the first is flipped to left while everything else is right. My second story is similar except the 4th strip is right and everything else is left. That second story works fine. I’ve tried flipping the starting point of my problematic strip left and right and it doesn’t change the direction whether I use it in a group or by itself. 

Bry,

After disecting your Preview and props for alwhile, I found something that doesn't seem right. See the pic below.

To ensure you don't mess up your existing Preview, make a copy and then work on that copy. That way if it isn't the issue you can always go back to the original.

If as you say, this issue only happens outside on the lights themselves, you'll have to test this on the lights.

Here is a modified Preview of only your roofline props to test. The change shown in the picture has been done.

brys roofline props testing.loredit

Alan...

bry2a.png

Edited by default
Picture was wrong, correted the picture
  • Thanks 1

That was it! Changing the start left/right didn’t do anything but flipping the strand in the preview fixed my issue. Thanks for all the help. 

Glad it's working. I have edited my last post and changed the picture to what it should be. I had the arrow pointing at the wrong text. (it was the same problem, picture now shows that clearer)

Sometimes it's hard to see the problem when your so involved in it, another set of eyes helps. 👀 😎

Alan...