Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing trees not singing

Jeffery m

Completely freaking out!!!!!!! A little bit ago I hooked up my controllers for my singing trees.Went to HU to test.Unit 9 both faces on.Unit 10 both faces on.And now for the part that has me stumped.When I play a sequence only the faces for unit 9 sing.  HELP PLEASE

both ac. both lights were on.and like I said in HU the lights came on for both but only for 9 when I ran a sequence

Are you sure you have Unit 10 in the SE?   Sounds to me the controller may not be in the SE or you may have a bad cat cable going to the controller if the controller is in the SE and set up correctly, then it will probably be the cat cable that's bad.   The only things in the SE that could cause this are: the channel assignments, controller type or network is set up incorrectly in the SE for that controller. 

There is either definitely something not set up correctly in the SE or you have a bad cat cable going to that controller.  Doubtful it'd be both, but it's possible.

But since you stated it works in the HWU, chances are it's an issue with the sequence itself or the configuration of that particular controller in the SE

Edited by Orville

Rereading I still would look at the cat-5 cable between 9 and 10 if they tie together like their number which of course makes no difference but when I just hooked up mine I had something similar and when I troubleshot I just looked for the steady green and found the blinking one on controller 1 which actually was 6th in line.

Oh yea, I fixed my comm problem by just switching cat-5 cables position in the controller, I assumed it must have been a loose connection or I don't know.

38 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

Completely freaking out!!!!!!! A little bit ago I hooked up my controllers for my singing trees.Went to HU to test.Unit 9 both faces on.Unit 10 both faces on.And now for the part that has me stumped.When I play a sequence only the faces for unit 9 sing.  HELP PLEASE

If you can e-mail me your sequence, I'll take a look at it and see if I can locate the problem.  I don't have singing faces, but don't need them to troubleshoot the issue at hand.  You can e-mail it to me at: magicjack2272@hotmail.com and I can check it over and let you know if anything needs to be changed in it to make the missing tree get working.

Edited by Orville

Jeffery

I would eliminate hardware first, use a spare controller and cat-5, or go directly to controller eliminate others and prove hardware is problem then into the sequence it would be, did you make any sequence changes this year?

Based on what you have said, I would also suspect that sequencing does not match the actual configuration.  Make sure that the channels in Sequence Editor REALLY are set to Unit ID 10.  Depending on the controllers and how the ID is set, remember that ID 10 is NOT the next one after 09.  Although that is not likely the issue since it works on the Hardware utility.

One other thing.  Is your LOR network operating Enhanced or Non-Enhanced?  You are showing an Advanced level license, so assuming that is correct, Enhanced is not an option, but wanted to bring it up.  The second part of that is your controllers.  Are they Gen-3 or older?  Only Gen-3 controllers can run on an Enhanced network.  They will work just fine on the HU regardless of the Enhanced setting because the HU always operates Non-Enhanced.

As Jim said, Unit ID #10 WILL NOT be 10, Unit ID #10 will be 0A{Zero A} in the SE, if you used 10, then the Unit ID # in decimal is 16.  So make sure all ID #10's, if that's what you happened to use, set this to 0A, then things should start working if that may be the only issue at hand.

• Like 1

As long as they are using an AC controller which only uses one Unit ID then ID 10 will still be ID 10. Granted it may be further up the number scale then the op thinks but if the set the controller as 10 and the channels as 10 then it should still work.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

As long as they are using an AC controller which only uses one Unit ID then ID 10 will still be ID 10. Granted it may be further up the number scale then the op thinks but if the set the controller as 10 and the channels as 10 then it should still work.

That makes sense.  Was kind of in a hurry when I typed that, so didn't get a chance to re-read it before sending.  Ride had showed up to get me to church where I work the computer and sound system for the services, so hit send, and then had to leave.

But you're right if the controller was set at 10 and the SE at 10 it should work, but then again, refer to my tag line!🤣

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked