Light-O-Rama Forums

channel setup for pixel patrix help??

Kennan

Sorta tying into a post I made a few months ago about the confusion with the start/end circuits, and here we are again.

Ok, so I need help with assigning the unit ID's and start circuits to my pixel matrix (the first string of the pixel matrix)

It is instead receiving data from my 2nd arch I have, and I see no coloration or reason of why so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pixel screen prop definition window: https://gyazo.com/5dcbed875ec4f8ab42f1f9231c2afef9

Pixel screen prop definition of the arch that the string is taking data in from: https://gyazo.com/4c28a2f3b87f3d41472cc8b159ec01c8

--Kennan

What controller(s) are you using?

Arches = ? Controller(s) How many arches do you have?

Matrix = ? Controller (it looks like a Pixie16)

Need more info.

Alan...

Edited by default

32 minutes ago, default said:

What controller(s) are you using?

Arches = ? Controller(s) How many arches do you have?

Matrix = ? Controller (it looks like a Pixie16)

Need more info.

Alan...

Pixie 8 for the 6 arches I have, pixie 16 for the 16-string pixel matrix.

Kennan,

Your Pixie8 will use (reserve) 8 Unit ID's regardless of whether you have last 2 ports assigned to any props. See the pics below for how it should be setup. According to the info given.

BTW, LOR only recommends 2,400 channels per Network using the Red USB RS485-HS adapter. You will be at 3,300 channels on a single network. Depending on the amount of effects being used at any one time, you may experience lag in some of the effects on the props. Consider adding another network. Just a thought.

arches1c.png

This how your Unit ID's and Channel assignments should look.

arches1a.png

Use the Screen to modify your existing Preview.

arches1b.png

Hope this helps.

Alan...

1 hour ago, default said:

Kennan,

Your Pixie8 will use (reserve) 8 Unit ID's regardless of whether you have last 2 ports assigned to any props. See the pics below for how it should be setup. According to the info given.

BTW, LOR only recommends 2,400 channels per Network using the Red USB RS485-HS adapter. You will be at 3,300 channels on a single network. Depending on the amount of effects being used at any one time, you may experience lag in some of the effects on the props. Consider adding another network. Just a thought.

arches1c.png

This how your Unit ID's and Channel assignments should look.

arches1a.png

Use the Screen to modify your existing Preview.

arches1b.png

Hope this helps.

Alan...

I have gotten everything down to the pin, and yet the matrix still takes input from the first arch I have?

I tried to look for any coloration between the two channels that are "conflicting", and I cant find anything in common.

Edited by Kennan

After updating the Preview, did you "Reset Displayed Props and Groups"?  As I recall, the Sequencer does not take the Preview changes until you do.  I may be wrong on that, but that's what I recall (I do VERY little sequencing in Sequencer)...

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

After updating the Preview, did you "Reset Displayed Props and Groups"?  As I recall, the Sequencer does not take the Preview changes until you do.  I may be wrong on that, but that's what I recall (I do VERY little sequencing in Sequencer)...

Tried that and it screwed up my sequencer, so I just reverted it.

Can you save your preview as a prop and email it to me?

See the gif below to save the .lpeprop. You will find it in your C:\Users\Your PC\Documents\Light-O-Rama\ImportExport directory.

See your PM for my email address.

Alan...

lpeprop%20save.gif

Also, is your Network Config setup properly? This how I would suspect it should look like. (If using Comm Port 3) Since you have Pro License.

Alan...

network%20reg.png

Edited by default

and... another also. After looking again your pic you posted for you original Pixie16 setup , this is what you posted

kennan1.png

Your Unit number started at 09. Is this the Unit ID you set for the Pixie16? It should have been set for OC

Try this, plug in your controller, one at a time and verify the Base Unit ID of the Pixie8 is 04, and the Base Unit ID of the Pixie16 is OC.

If you run into issues, dibblejr wrote a very good walk-through for setting up Pixie Controllers. See below.

Alan...

14 minutes ago, default said:

and... another also. After looking again your pic you posted for you original Pixie16 setup , this is what you posted

kennan1.png

Your Unit number started at 09. Is this the Unit ID you set for the Pixie16? It should have been set for OC

Try this, plug in your controller, one at a time and verify the Base Unit ID of the Pixie8 is 04, and the Base Unit ID of the Pixie16 is OC.

If you run into issues, dibblejr wrote a very good walk-through for setting up Pixie Controllers. See below.

Alan...

Got it working!

Honestly have no clue how, but apparently the two controllers were getting each others signals, and I just flipped the unit ID's around, and it worked!

Anyways, thank you for helping

--kennan