Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D with Dumb Pixels ?

John Reed

I want to redo my small incandescent mini trees (24"). I'm thinking about using 50 pixels/channel using 2 channels per tree on a CMB24D. Will dumb pixels work with a CMB24D controller?  I have one of the 8-10w Flood Light setups. And was wondering if dumb pixels would work with this type of controller. This would simplify connecting them in my current setup. I'm pretty sure I would have to use a larger DC power supply, but other than that. Will this work? Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks. I thought it would work. But since I just got into pixels last year, I wanted to get somebody's opinion before I started buying stuff to try. Thanks.

Dumb (RGB) work

I even chopped up some mini-lights into 12V sections.  You hook the wires between + and R, G or B for 3 independent strings for lighting small prop (details)

The number of lights per section depends on what you start with:

10 bulb strings : 1 bulb (they are 12V ea)

35 bulb string: 4 bulbs (3.5V)

50 light sets:  5 bulbs (2.5V ea)

First: examine your strings to see if there is 1 or more 2 WIRE only sections.  DIVIDE 120 by the count of bulbs in a section. (always round UP for better life). now divide 12 by the number you previously got. That is the amount of bulbs for 12V

• The topic was locked