Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Help

Dkazm201

Hi everyone,

Im looking into adding a mega tree to my LOR 16 Ch setup this year. Im a little late to the game so I am trying to get going quick. I am trying to figure out whats the best way to go. I attempted to look up the difference between  Ribbon Tree and Pixel Tree was unsuccessful in getting any visuals. 

I was going to just buy the Kit from LOR but Im trying to make sure im not wasting money and i get the type i want.

I would love the ability to have the lights scroll with and image of santa claus i think that would be amazing and i believe thats the Pixel tree.

If it is the Pixel tree, Does anyone know the height of the Tree sold by lor when assembled? and can i make it taller if i wanted to?

Also i see  CCR's or Smart Pixel Strips sold by other stores is this the same or is one worth the money over the other?

Sorry for so many questions! But thank you all in advance.

Daniel

Edited by Dkazm201

1 minute ago, Dkazm201 said:

….. Im a little late to the game so I am trying to get going quick.....

wow, decide, order, ship, build & sequence in a week. - yep, you are late...

sorry- I can't help you though - I don't do either..

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Dkazm201 said:

Hi everyone,

Im looking into adding a mega tree to my LOR 16 Ch setup this year. Im a little late to the game so I am trying to get going quick. I am trying to figure out whats the best way to go. I attempted to look up the difference between  Ribbon Tree and Pixel Tree was unsuccessful in getting any visuals. 

I was going to just buy the Kit from LOR but Im trying to make sure im not wasting money and i get the type i want.

I would love the ability to have the lights scroll with and image of santa claus i think that would be amazing and i believe thats the Pixel tree.

If it is the Pixel tree, Does anyone know the height of the Tree sold by lor when assembled? and can i make it taller if i wanted to?

Also i see  CCR's or Smart Pixel Strips sold by other stores is this the same or is one worth the money over the other?

Sorry for so many questions! But thank you all in advance.

Daniel

First my great friend above may be correct.

With that being said if and only if LOR can get you the tree kit “fast” all Hope is not lost.

The good news, if you are able to get the tree kit with the “Pixie16” controller I can get you from box to walking socks in 1 hour.

The build is not hard however you will not have time to learn S5 nor will I. If you have S4 anything all in with me.

I also have a teee build guide posted you’ll have to search for it.

You will not have time to change out lights because that also requires to change connectors as well

Buy the entire kit. 

I can set you up before the kit arrives.

When your stuff comes in you connect without a tree and test.

Innthe meantime build your tree so when it does come in you can zip tie the ribbons to tree.

Then you are set

Let menjnow if I can help.

Jr

• Like 1

Let me add- there will be no time for mods.

LOR ccr tree kit is 16-18’ tall. Depending on your design. The ribbons are 16’. If I remember correctly.

After the holidays would be the time to modify anything, taller tree etc.

JR

9 minutes ago, Dkazm201 said:

Ok Thanks so much, Yea i don't plan on learning the system overnight i was going to use someone else's. I am very welcome to the help. i just want to confirm this is the kit to buy? http://store.lightorama.com/pitrkit16sto.html

That’s the small tree. Not a lot of help from me in that. I can still help set the controller if it’s a Pixie16 but not much in way of sequences out for that one.

Brian has probably added some on his website.

The tree kit I am referring to would be 16’ tall.

http://store.lightorama.com/16ritrpico.html