Light-O-Rama Forums

Still have a few items to add, but starting my show tonight! 11/14/2018

Orville

Was going to start it on my Birthday on Sunday night, but opted to go ahead and start it up tonight, Wednesday 11/14/2018.  I do have another controller and 9 items to add to the display, but currently it's not, or won't be noticeable without them.  Just to add a few more items to the front of my house where my 4 Coro Baby Sidewalk Arches are and 3 small Red Bells. 

Items to be added are a small Merry Christmas sign, 2 small candles, Snoopy, Snowman, and 2 large {single bows} and 2 small {dual} red bows will be added by Thanksgiving, these are all Wall Mounted items. 

Weather has just been too dadburn hot or too rainy to get them out and up.   Since we're going to have a nice Fall cool down this weekend, my plan is to work on getting the Wall mounted decor and controller{CTB16PC} up on Friday evening and/or early Saturday morning to finish things up.

If you live in or are visiting the Orlando, FL area, my show is located in the Shadow Hills Manufactured Home Community on the North side, and we're all the way in the back.  Showtimes are 5:30pm-11pm/7 days a week.  Start time could change if it starts getting dark before 5:30pm.

Address:

8528 Arrowhead Circle

Orlando, FL 32825

WARNING: GPS units DO NOT always give correct information where my manufactured home is located.  We're almost in the center of the block{circle}, more like a horse-shoe than a circle.  Most tell you my home is located on a corner lot, NOT!

Once you enter the park, make a hard left, and then just keep making left turns at every street you come too, you'll end up at my home eventually!  Look for the one with the long handicap ramp attached to it, we're currently the only home on the circle with a handicap ramp, and probably the only one back where I am utilizing RGB lights, you'll see Blow Molds mounted/screwed down to the banister facing the road.  Tune to 91.9 FM to hear the music and watch the lights.

Edited by Orville

Way out of your neighborhood or else I'd swing by and take a looksie.  My setup is complete and tested.  Just waiting for the Friday night after turkey day.  Good luck with your show!

Dang, I am still waiting to start setting up. It has rained every day since Halloween and not going to stop until Friday. I am so far behind, so very far behind.

I was out looking at my controllers: I still have a few ports that have nothing attached.  I must be doing something wrong. (and I am still debugging connection assignments).

And I am a little further than B.Y.R.G. , so I won't make it either.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I was out looking at my controllers: I still have a few ports that have nothing attached.  I must be doing something wrong. (and I am still debugging connection assignments).

And I am a little further than B.Y.R.G. , so I won't make it either.

Good luck.

I learned to start leaving some channels unassigned, this way if a triac blows out or a channel quits working I just make a quick change to the sequence, unplug from bad channel and put on one of those spare channels I left open for such use.

I'll have about 12 channels open between 2 controllers, one is full, but one of the controllers I'm adding will be close enough to that controller that uses all 16 channels for a spare or 2 if I need them.

So nothing wrong, it's just a good practice!

Still waiting on rain to move out, has been steady for almost four days.  Has given us time to work on stuff indoors.  Will try this weekend.

1 hour ago, caniac said:

Still waiting on rain to move out, has been steady for almost four days.  Has given us time to work on stuff indoors.  Will try this weekend.

They said we'd have rain Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, no rain Thursday and it'd start cooling down here to some nice temps in the evening from 50- low 60's.  

It NEVER rained the days they said it would and now today, Thursday that's supposed to be CLEAR, it's been raining and everything i soaked this morning.  

I was going to go out and add the stuff this morning{Thursday}, but that put a stop on that project. 

So maybe the rain is moving on and you'll get to get your display items up, but since your rain has moved this way LOL, I may have to wait a little longer than planned to get my other stuff out and connected.  Fortunately it won't take too long to get up {I hope!} when the weather finally gives me the chance to do so. 

Sundays are out since I work the EZ-Worship and Sound System at Church, so only have a few hours between day and evening service, just not enough time to really do anything with  getting things up.  Do the same on our Friday SURGE service where we feed the homeless folks every Friday , just one service, so I can work on stuff Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday to hopefully get this all done.....Weather permitting!

Edited by Orville
corect spelling and gramar that I missed the first proof read through. Legally blind really sucks at times!

• The topic was locked