Light-O-Rama Forums

ChristmasLightShow.com?

LORisAwesome

I have no issues getting on there but when I tried to order things, the shipping calculator is not working in the shopping cart. I tried a couple of times to call them over the past couple of weeks but got no response. Now I see what I wanted is out of stock. I will place an order some where else. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

Tom

53 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

What a functionally obnoxious   web site? Links that don't work, continuous pop up ads....

I think you need to check your own computer.  I don't see ANY pop ups on their site.  I do see where he may have incorrectly installed a template which takes you off his site.

Darryl is not a computer person, so please give him a little slack if you do find things that don't work.  They are great people and like us are swamped at this time of year.  

23 minutes ago, DevMike said:

I think you need to check your own computer.  I don't see ANY pop ups on their site.  I do see where he may have incorrectly installed a template which takes you off his site.

Darryl is not a computer person, so please give him a little slack if you do find things that don't work.  They are great people and like us are swamped at this time of year.  

Popup is not the right term. There is a box that keep rising on the left lower corner with items they sell. most annoying. Then I try the links at the bottom  eg sale items (but they really are not links

4 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Popup is not the right term. There is a box that keep rising on the left lower corner with items they sell. most annoying. Then I try the links at the bottom  eg sale items (but they really are not links

Yes, it is a pop up of sorts, but NOT an advertisement, it shows who, and what they bought from the ChristmasLightShow website.  Yes, it is annoying and there should be a way to turn it off, but there isn't.  While I was viewing I saw some lady purchased a mega tree kit, another some SPT1 wire just to name a couple of them that popped up, they don't actually POP up, but tend to scroll up from the bottom.

Personally I see absolutely NO NEED for me to know what other people have purchased from that or ANY site, that's what REVIEWS are supposed to be for, then I can read them or not, not have information forced on me to show what's been purchased by someone else, which I feel is NONE OF MY BUSINESS!  

And I sure do not or may not want folks knowing what I'm purchasing.   Can you imagine something like that on other sites where you may have purchased a lavish gift for your wife for Christmas to surprise her?  Only she happens to go to the same site to buy you  {her husband} something and then something like that scrolls up showing HER WHAT YOU BOUGHT?   And if you happened to buy it for someone else in the family, like an aunt, your mother, etc.  could you imagine the argument that could cause?  IT IS NOT A SMART OPTION TO IMPLEMENT!

I'm sorry, but that particular scroll up DOES NOT BELONG THERE!   And I'd take that as a somewhat invasion of MY privacy stating what I'm buying to others, as it does show your name and what you bought!

Just like the Green Laser Projector "Giveaway" that came from that site as well.  The ad plainly stated: "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" in a red starburst to enter and the first 20?/50? forget what number it was, responded via e-mail, they would be sent a FREE Green Laser Projector, but when you entered by replying to the e-mail as it stated, then you got an e-mail saying YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE AT LEAST a MINIMUM ORDER AMOUNT TO ENTER {I think it was $50, perhaps more}.  If I were the type to bring lawsuits, which I AM NOT, I could have taken that contest to task and gotten the "Free Green Laser Projector" as the original E-Mail Advertisement stated NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, then all of a sudden the rules change and I have to spend X amount of money to enter to get it? 

There could have been some dire legal recourse on this, and I even got an e-mail about folks complaining, calling it a SCAM among other things, about the "Free Laser Entry" because of this.     I think this may have very well cost him a lot of customers too over that fiasco, I know I won't ever be one. 

I finally deleted the AD I had screen captured from the e-mail I received, as I wasn't going to do anything, but others could have.  If I still had it I'd post it here to prove my statements.   I also highlighted the "NO ENTRY REQUIRED" burst that was in the e-mail graphic and sent it back to them, no answer after that at all.  So, again, I won't do business with ChristmasLightShow at all now.   I had considered some things, but no longer..

So I don't usually go to that site any longer, I have also blocked e-mails and deleted all bookmarks to/from that site as well, again, I will never buy anything from there either. 

All I wanted do with the link that was posted above was to verify for others that the link posted here worked and nothing more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Yes, but the difference is the site you posted states "SOMEONE", the ChristmasLightShow site actually gives names and location where purchased.  Stating someone is not a problem, then you can only guess who may have bought something, but you don't really know.  Not the same at ChristmasLightShow and that's where I have an issue with privacy concerns, as I don't need to know who bought what by specific name and still feel that's a privacy issue and should not be there as it's posted.  Again, if it just said someone or somebody just bought xyz product, then that's not an issue.  But I feel it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS who buys what or where, and I feel the same about if I purchase something, that's noones' business but MY own.  Like stated, knowing specific names can lead to trouble if someone saw it and that someone was a husband who bought an expensive gift for someone other than HIS wife, so it's bad practice and poor etiquette.

• The topic was locked