Light-O-Rama Forums

How LOR work with GE8822 Pixel LED

Brianlight

As long as the LOR Controller can output the required voltages and you know how to wire them together to make them function, I don't see why they wouldn't.   However, I don't know if these are SMART or DUMB RGB nodes as I'm not that familiar with all the chip-sets these RGB LED lights use.

If smart, then each bulbs color can be controlled individually, where as dumb RGB all have to be the same color along the entire strip.

12 hours ago, Brianlight said:

I am wondering if the GE8822 Pixel LED can work with LOR?

The Datasheet for it:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/15p0uMruilSfJR9kK_VsJu0DtZo1qA0Zd/view?usp=sharing

I am considering purchasing these LEDs, if they work.Thanks for your help!

At this point, the best answer is: maybe.  These are smart pixels, but only maybe follow the data standard that most of the pixels we are using (and therefore, various pixel controllers know how to control).  The LOR Pixei controllers do not list that LED type as usable, but it MAY be using the same data standard as one of the included pixel types.  Same thing with the SanDevices controllers.

You could buy a few (or see if they will send a few samples) and try.  Don't hold your breath.

I'd definitely go more with what Jim states in his post, he knows quite a lot about these things.  So his post would definitely take precedence over what I thought.   These things aren't like regular LED strands, so there are so many types and variations, you sometimes just have to experiment with them and hope they work, but as Jim says, it's a possible maybe.

This is why I stick with ready made LOR controllers and pixel strands, easier for me to keep track of and know they're going to work as long as they are all LOR products, whether DIY or Ready to Go, with LOR products I just feel you can't go wrong.  But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Orville
forgot 't and only had can instead of "can't go wrong."

• The topic was locked