Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie - MegaTree Wont Light in Playback

Monsen

First time setting up a sequence, so bear with me.  I purchased an LOR sequence, and appear to have everything working on the 16 channel CTB16PC controller (the lights turn on/off with the playback).  I added a megatree prop to the purchased sequence but it's not lighting.  I have a 12 strand, 50 pixel/ea, tree with a Pixie 16 controller.  I used Network Preferences to set the network to 500K enhanced.  I am assuming the CTB16PCg3 can run on the enhanced network, since the lights are functioning.  Using LOR 5.2.0 with a Pro license.  I tested the MegaTree in the HU, so at least know it was talking and the lights are capable of coming on.  

I may be a bit confused on how to add the prop to the sequence I purchased.  Basically I used the previewer to add a prop that was a 270 Tree, and defined the number of strands and pixels.  I assigned the first unit ID at 60, which was recommended in LOR documentation for a  pixel tree, and made sure the dip switches on the Pixie were set to 60 as well. I do have the Network selected as Regular in the Device setting. Wasn't sure what Aux A-O were for, and when I tried Aux A I got a warning that my MegaTree was no longer on an enhanced network so I put it back to Regular.  When doing this everything looks great in the preview file when I play it, just no actual lights.  And yes, I do have Control Lights checked.  

I noticed that I can also add the Pixie controller in the Preview file, but when I tried that is just gave me 16 horizontal lines and I could not figure out how to make it look like a tree so I deleted it.  Do I need to add the Pixie controller, or was adding it as a tree prop acceptable?  Any thoughts on what I should try to make this work?  

Yes, you do need the pixel tree in the preview.  As a general rule of thumb (in my opinion), adding props by adding a prop is easier than by adding the device.  It sounds like that is the way you did it.  JR Dibble has a great writeup on getting Pixie controllers to work. 

The AuxA through AuxO networks are for people who have more than one LOR network (I use two year round and three for Christmas).

BTW, where in Orange County are you located?  I'm right up the 57 freeway in Glendora.

Thanks k6ccc.  I did as the tree as a prop, so assume I'm good there.  I read through JR Dibble's post on Pixies while digging through the forum on Friday, and believe I followed all the steps.  I may try to go back and just run through it on a new musical sequence with just that prop to see if I can get it running.  Unfortunately Dibble's post walks through S4 and I'm running S5, but hopefully I can figure out the differences.  

I'm located in Rossmoor, so at the 405/605 freeways by Seal Beach.  May have to drive down to Glendora to check out how the pros do it!

JRs writeup is good, but yes, it is geared around S4.  Most of it does not make any difference at least up through getting the Pixie configured and network configuration.  Prop building does change.

45 minutes ago, Monsen said:

I'm located in Rossmoor, so at the 405/605 freeways by Seal Beach.  May have to drive down to Glendora to check out how the pros do it!

Know the area.  In one of my other lives, I'm a Communications Reserve member with the California Office of Emergency Services.  Our office is at JFTB Los Alamitos.  I should be down there some time during show season, so I'll have to stop by.  If you come up, contact me and I'll give you the behind the scenes tour....